Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2011, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ive not been so well recently been in bed with flu and chest pains for 2days,
So decided to watch some films but was to weak to be knackerd to look for any and only film near me was The omen boxset. So decided to watch them again havent seen them in years...
So ive come to conclusion like before not only are the older films are better but so are the horror films i mean take a look at horror films like

(Putting any sequels etc to one side )

Tcm
Halloween
Jaws
Friday 13th
Omen
Exorcist
Psycho
Shining

Just a few to name but clearly proves the best horrors where made years ago because they where what the audience wanted suspence atmosphere earie music etc they have to relie on paying well known actors huge money. yes some had big names but prob didnt pay them stupid amount of money like they do today cgi, millions to throw on the films so they relied on good old fashioned story..

Today they think that if they have loads well known faces tonnes of money loads of cgi special etc then the films will be great ...But prob is it proves it doesnt always work and also i think they feel that the have to much pressure to make the film a success nowadays that sometimes they try to hard..

Dont get me wrong there loads of good horrors ive missed out and i havent mentioned Argento Croneneberg Fulci etc for simple reason these horror directors are masters of horror but with fans of films and horror etc

Where the earlier mentioned films are true horrors to everybody world wide even people who dont care to much about films or not even into horrors..

Its two different catogories if you get what i mean...Fans of films and horror will know all about Argento Cronenberg Fulci etc films but none fans of horror or as i put them people who just watch films for the sake of it prob wont even know who these people are if it wasnt for likes off us
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

yeah I thought its about time I watched it and plus Kyle nagging me to watch it

it is a important film I think that needs to be seen

i didnt know the remake was a scene by scene remake..maybe I will not watch it then ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th September 2011, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Not sure if your aware but the remake exactly scene by scene so you just feel like you watching it again nothing dif at all so realy wouldnt bother..
The remake is scene by scene but in colour, with different actors and you get to see Anne Hache's butthole!
Rik likes this.
Old 7th September 2011, 11:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Competition

Finally watched my Dead Snow dvd, thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, plenty of gore, plenty of comedy, a smidgen of nice looking Norwegian gals and a shitload of Nazi zombies!! 10/10
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Finally watched my Dead Snow dvd, thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, plenty of gore, plenty of comedy, a smidgen of nice looking Norwegian gals and a shitload of Nazi zombies!! 10/10
I still need to see this, so many say how good it is so I'm going to knock it up to 'High Priority' on Lovefilm

My younger brother cam to stay over at the weekend so I decided to educate him on some good horror. We watched Shaun of the Dead, which he loved (obviously) and then Let The Right One In.
I was at first a bit sceptical about LTROI as my brother is only 14 and I didn't know if he'd appreciate it so much but I was wrong. He was absolutely blown away by it and to be honest, so was I. I'd watched it only once before at about 3am with some friends and I remember enjoying it but watching it sober at a reasonable hour I realised that what we have here is a masterpiece. I honestly believe that too, never has a horror film looked so stunning. the Blu-ray really is reference quality to really show off the capabilities of HD. I actually think I've fallen in love with this film, in fact it's more than just a film, it's a work of art.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th September 2011, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I still need to see this, so many say how good it is so I'm going to knock it up to 'High Priority' on Lovefilm

Its £2.99 from Amazon.

What are you waiting for?
Old 7th September 2011, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

dead sno is great!
I got the blu for like £6 so was a bargin for a awesome flick.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th September 2011, 01:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Certainly one of the top five new horrors from the last ten years.
Old 7th September 2011, 01:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
The remake is scene by scene but in colour, with different actors and you get to see Anne Hache's butthole!
Are they really big selling points? The original was in monochrome as an aesthetic choice by Hitchcock which was an extremely wise decision, I thought all the actors were excellent and I can live without seeing Anne Heche's bum again!
Old 7th September 2011, 01:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Certainly one of the top five new horrors from the last ten years.
Definitely, and judging from the 'making of' documentary, it was a hard film to shoot in those conditions. I can see me upgrading to HD with this
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!