Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2011, 05:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I have the Criterion BD of High and Low, Nos - Highly recommended.
Damn, I forgot that they released that on Blu. I was proud to have all the Criterion Kurosawa films on DVD including the Eclipse discs and then they threatened my wallet when they started putting out Blu discs and forcing me to double and triple dip on some of his titles. Love High and Low and need to pick it up. The one I can't wait for on Blu is Throne of Blood, my favorite of all his films.
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 8th September 2011, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. View Post
Damn, I forgot that they released that on Blu. I was proud to have all the Criterion Kurosawa films on DVD including the Eclipse discs and then they threatened my wallet when they started putting out Blu discs and forcing me to double and triple dip on some of his titles. Love High and Low and need to pick it up. The one I can't wait for on Blu is Throne of Blood, my favorite of all his films.
And maybe the greatest performance by Mifune
Old 8th September 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. View Post
I intend to pick up most of Kurosawa's films on BD as there are some, including Ikiru, Throne of Blood and The Hidden Fortress on less than ideal cheap Korean DVDs.
Old 8th September 2011, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched Cradle of Fear that I'd recorded from the Horror Channel, weird film, my wife walked in about half an hour from the end and uttered her favourite line-"You watch some right shit!", gotta say I had to agree with her!
But, I enjoyed seeing Emily Booth's bangers
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th September 2011, 10:14 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just watched Cradle of Fear that I'd recorded from the Horror Channel, weird film, my wife walked in about half an hour from the end and uttered her favourite line-"You watch some right shit!", gotta say I had to agree with her!
But, I enjoyed seeing Emily Booth's bangers
For some reason I loved that film lol.
It is ****ing mental from what I remember.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609097,-0.268750
Old 8th September 2011, 11:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen Carpenter's The Thing

its a awesome lil flick, that first dead corpse thing was proper messed up!

i will watch the prequel but its rated 15 so wont feature quite so bloody corpses I dont think lol

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th September 2011, 12:42 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished X-Men: First Class, absolutely brilliant film, very very enjoyable. Better than that piece of crap X3 and Xmen Origins. Michael Fassbender is on the money as Magneto and there's some nice little cameos.

Also watched Take Me Home Tonight, a throwback to the 80s all nighter comedies like Licence To Drive and Dance Till Dawn. Pretty good too.
antmumford likes this.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
just seen Carpenter's The Thing

its a awesome lil flick, that first dead corpse thing was proper messed up!

i will watch the prequel but its rated 15 so wont feature quite so bloody corpses I dont think lol
A prime example of a remake being far superior to the original

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th September 2011, 07:22 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Last night I decided to work my way through a poundland film, The Last Seven, I read some excruciatingly bad reviews online and really weren't looking forward to it but had to make myself watch it so that I hadn't entirely wasted my pound. To be honest it weren't as bad as I was led to believe. I mean, it starts off really well with some fantastic shots of deserted London (a complete rip off of 28 Days Later but hey ho). The cinematography was great so expected great things but whatlet it down was the atrocious acting, although it did get better as the film went on. All in all it was okay and the twist at the end I didn't see coming so it was a good story. 2.5/3 out of 5 depending on how tolerable you are.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th September 2011, 09:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Kill List last night. Really good up until the ending which just felt a bit too abrupt and oddly unresolved.

Like this? Share it using the links below!