Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2011, 09:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Films I've watched recently:

The Toxic Avenger 2 - not a patch on the first I thought. Still entertaining but I wonder if they'd edited the 2nd and 3rd films together into a leaner film it might have worked better.

Slaughter High - watched this on the Horror Channel last night. Had seen it before, still a good laugh and suitably over the top - a great film to shout at the screen at. Will probably hold out on the Arrow Video release for a little while longer but only because the film's very fresh in my mind again. Did anyone else notice the poster for Pieces in the student's agents office near the start? Which neatly segues into:

Pieces - so much fun. Silly, gory, over the top nonsense. Great extras on the Arrow disc too. Will watch again later this week with the commentary on.
Old 18th September 2011, 10:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Tales From The Darkside: The Movie last night taped off the Horror Channel. Not as good as I remember as a kid, and a god awful print (it was like someone had smeared butter over my eyes!)

Watched A Comedy of Terrors this morning on Sky. Didn't think all that much to it to be honest, but I was semi-distracted feeding a noisy child!
Old 18th September 2011, 10:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Watched A Comedy of Terrors this morning on Sky. Didn't think all that much to it to be honest, but I was semi-distracted feeding a noisy child!
If you're talking about The Comedy of Terrors, starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and Basil Rathbone, I beg you: watch it again on DVD without your offspring!

If you still don't like it -->

Greetings!
Old 18th September 2011, 10:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
If you're talking about The Comedy of Terrors, starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and Basil Rathbone, I beg you: watch it again on DVD without your offspring!

If you still don't like it -->

Greetings!
Yeah, that was the one. I'll have a look for when it's next on and Sky + it
Old 18th September 2011, 10:56 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just finished watching I Saw The Devil and what can I say, it completely and utterly blew me away. I think half way through I had made my mind up that it's easily in my top ten greatest films of all time. It was so shockingly violent and sadistic especially the Taxi scene, oh my god my jaw dropped watching that. Can't wait to watch it again with a friend and a beer and take it all in once more. Wow!!!!!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 18th September 2011, 11:10 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah, that was the one. I'll have a look for when it's next on and Sky + it
You won't regret it - it's a nice little gem!

Greetings!
Old 18th September 2011, 11:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just finished watching I Saw The Devil and what can I say, it completely and utterly blew me away. I think half way through I had made my mind up that it's easily in my top ten greatest films of all time. It was so shockingly violent and sadistic especially the Taxi scene, oh my god my jaw dropped watching that. Can't wait to watch it again with a friend and a beer and take it all in once more. Wow!!!!!
the gore shots are a bit longer on the Korean version

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th September 2011, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just fin watching straw dogs for 1st time i enjoyed this ...Its as usual, one that people say i cant see why it got banned or couldnt underrstand what all the fuss is about....in today society and violence of films yes that true but sometimes one must understand its not how gory or violent some films are its the era they was made in ..
Old 18th September 2011, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It wasn't the violence or gore, it was the 'women actually enjoy being raped' subtext. Whether it's there or not is infinitely debatable, but that's what got it in trouble.
Old 18th September 2011, 12:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
It wasn't the violence or gore, it was the 'women actually enjoy being raped' subtext. Whether it's there or not is infinitely debatable, but that's what got it in trouble.
well the korean censored version did cut some of the violence scenes.

there has been some debate that was that actually meant to be a rape scene because to me it just seemed like "role play" so to speak and that she actually wanted it. The korean version has a shorter "rape" scene but it was not cut as both the uncut and theatrical versions contain the same length of scene. The International version with cut violence features a longer scene.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!