Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2010, 08:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Zombieland could have been terrific, but somehow runs out of gas. The first 30 minutes are genius and a great set up but seems to fizzle out. It seems as though it had 2 directors or 2 writers to me.
Old 18th December 2010, 08:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I agree Sarg, it's a good film but the second half does fall flat compared to the opening/first half.
Old 18th December 2010, 09:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

tonight i had a bit of a western night, watched High Plains Drifter which is a great sort of supernatural western which i enjoyed the first time and enjoyed even more this time and Sergio Leone's Masterpiece Once Upon A Time In The West which may possibly be the most beautifully made western of all time and Ennio Morricone's score is absolutely spot on and every scene has it's own theme, Just Stunning.
Old 18th December 2010, 09:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Been a bit retro tonight

Threw in some classic 80s horror

Re-animator

Not seen it for ages .. still great fun today!

Old 18th December 2010, 09:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Went to see Rare Exports at the cinema tonight with a couple of friends. If you're after a Christmas film that has a much darker side then I'd highly recommened this! Very original and well made too.
Old 18th December 2010, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
tonight i had a bit of a western night, watched High Plains Drifter which is a great sort of supernatural western which i enjoyed the first time and enjoyed even more this time and Sergio Leone's Masterpiece Once Upon A Time In The West which may possibly be the most beautifully made western of all time and Ennio Morricone's score is absolutely spot on and every scene has it's own theme, Just Stunning.
Great night for you then Ped?

Recently watched A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More as they were long overdue a revisit, amazing films. The Good The Bad And The Ugly is the better of the 3, but not by much. I especially love the ending of For A Few Dollars More, brilliant. That score from Morricone for that pocket watch - beautiful.
Old 18th December 2010, 10:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching the films on the Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection DVD set with Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein then, If you follow the connection which I only noticed halfway through, gave Death Race 2000 another spin.
Old 19th December 2010, 04:32 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I finished watching the films on the Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection DVD set with Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein and House of Frankenstein then, If you follow the connection which I only noticed halfway through, gave Death Race 2000 another spin.
I love Death Race 2000 especially the bit where they line the old people up in the street and the carer's hide behind a bush only to get run over themselves and the old folks left behind.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 19th December 2010, 05:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Went to see Rare Exports at the cinema tonight with a couple of friends. If you're after a Christmas film that has a much darker side then I'd highly recommened this! Very original and well made too.
glad u enjoyed it too
it was very different.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th December 2010, 06:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
I love Death Race 2000 especially the bit where they line the old people up in the street and the carer's hide behind a bush only to get run over themselves and the old folks left behind.
I guess you notice the connection between the four films then -- it was a bit of a Frankenstein afternoon/evening, from Boris Karloff to David Carradine!

Like this? Share it using the links below!