Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179454Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2011, 02:14 AM
Cult Rookie

@pedromonkey
I LOVE Falling Down!! You are right...such a great underrated film.
And that Alien documentary sounds awesome. I love those movies more than I love the children I don't have...like I shan't bother breeding because all the love in my heart is already taken up by the Quadrilogy (yes, all if them...but especially Aliens).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@James

I don't know who could expect a happy ending from that movie. It starts off awfully (I mean for the characters), then it gets all Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants for a bit...then goes NUTS! I can't speak for all Americans, but I loved the original ending. It was fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 5th January 2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Posted a couple of minutes apart
Old 5th January 2011, 09:34 AM
Active Cultist

Eurosleaze, please can i have a link to where you can get the sinful dwarf for that price?
Old 5th January 2011, 10:50 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched The Wax Mask: really impressed! Loved the look and atmos. Quite successful considering the troubled production, I felt.

Inferno: every time I watch this film it gets better. And now, with the glorious Arrow Blu-ray I feel I can appreciate just what a fine film and worthy sequel to Suspiria this actually is! Hadn't seen it all the way throgh since the days of the cut Laserdisc version. It was a definite rediscovery.

The Beyond: watching Inferno made me want to see The Beyond again. So I did. Considering how derivative (to the point of "rip-off" with some elements) this film is it is nonetheless very accomplished. I definitely think I prefer City Of The Living Dead, but The Beyond is by far one of the finest achievements of Fulci's later career. Great stuff in which the attempts to capture the feeling of dream logic and time are better than almost any other film I can think of this side of Messiah Of Evil.
Old 5th January 2011, 01:21 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
Eurosleaze, please can i have a link to where you can get the sinful dwarf for that price?
Sure. Boostep.eu sell it for £7.44 including VAT and shipping. See here. Got it in about five days (and that was over the Christmas period).
Old 5th January 2011, 02:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching... Nowhere to hide, Would have enjoyed it better if the action and violence was more convincing instead of being made to feel like watching a film version of Tom and jerry,
Old 5th January 2011, 05:07 PM
Active Cultist

Thanks a lot Euro, cost me about £7.25
Old 6th January 2011, 02:22 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I will be amazed if that doesn't make Quote of the Week in this week's newsletter! I've yet to see the film but morbid curiosity will eventually get the better of me.

I've watched the Blu-ray Discs of A Bay of Blood, Peeping Tom and I'm currently watching the complete version of Metropolis, also on BD. Three excellent films in different ways.
Nosferatu what is Metropolis like as I've ordered the dual format steelbook and have never seen the film.
Old 6th January 2011, 02:36 AM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Darren Ward's A DAY OF VIOLENCE - excellent
Although I enjoyed his previous low budget SUDDEN FURY, ADOV is a fine example of a violent Brit film - much better than the overrated Guy Richie crap stuff
HOT FUZZ - my fave Brit comedy
Bill Maher's RELIGULOUS - a very funny documentary, which goes to prove to me yet again that the bible is a work of fiction
Old 6th January 2011, 10:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Frozen last night. Good film. Gets you thinking about the choices they are faced with and how difficult it would be to choose one.

Also watched Shallow Grave starring Ewan McGregor. Spoiier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen this before and at the end McGregor lives so I thought. But after seeing it again I am not sure, as he is just lying there and no one is helping him. Any thoughts
Old 6th January 2011, 10:22 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Finally got around to seeing Inception.

It was OK. A flawed but affable romp.

Like this? Share it using the links below!