All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th January 2011, 10:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Frozen was really good. So simple premise that If you tried to describe it to smeone , they'd probably go, yeah sounds really interstiing! And it would be their loss for giving it a miss.

Watched Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins for the umpteenth time. The old age makeup on Joel Grey is one of the best I've ever seen. It's one of the only times that I've ever seen someone they way they really look after watching a film and being amazed that they weren't really an old man!
I agree
Frozen was awesome!
So much tension from a simple premise.
Open Water was a similar idea but bored me to death this however was very good. Adam Green is very talented director.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th January 2011, 01:35 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I've never heard of it, it does look bad though.

Does Rivers run her mouth like her mother?

Out for Blood (2004) - IMDb
It's one of those crappy "sequals" to John Carpenter's Vampires. But this was absolute shite...I mean even the one with John Bob Jovi was better...

Today, along with that I watched Sheitan. I loved it! It was creepy and funny and seriously weird. I <3 Vincent Cassell...he was amazing.

Then, I watched Don't Look Up. I didn't even finish it. Horrible!! It's funny because my standards for films aren't really that high...lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7th January 2011, 06:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Haven't had a chance to watch a movie in ages but had a 5-hour train journey today so watched Murder By Decree. I do like a bit of Sherlock Holmes and coupling with Jack The Ripper was a great idea, as well as a wonderful performance from James Mason as Dr Watson. Always loved the film since I first saw it on TV and one of Bob Clark's finest moments.
Old 7th January 2011, 09:12 AM
Ex-member

Last night I watched Edward Penishands via the net and thought it was a cheesy film which was incidently directed by one of the children from the Original Village of the Damned.
Old 7th January 2011, 11:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yesterday I watched

Dead and Buried - Enjoyable film, well acted and directed was just a bit of a let down at one moment with the special effects, the acid face one! It was all going smoothly until that point because it was so bad that it distracted me from the film. Oh well, just a minor squabble. Overall I did enjoy it and I liked the twist at the end.

Children shouldn't Play With Dead Things - Well all I can say is that I don't get how it got a cult status. Maybe if Tom Savini and George Romero do decide to remake it, they might be able to redeem it for me.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th January 2011, 11:37 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I really must get hold of Dead And Buried again...marvellous film...
Old 7th January 2011, 01:12 PM
Active Cultist

Tonight I'm going to watch...

And hopefully follow it up with a fun giallo, any recommendations?
Old 7th January 2011, 07:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
And hopefully follow it up with a fun giallo, any recommendations?
How about... Strip Nude for Your Killer?

Watched today:

The Devils [1971]
The Blood Rose [1970]
Old 7th January 2011, 08:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I went to the cinema today to see 127 Hours which is a brilliant film from a technical point of view and one that is utterly engrossing thanks to the fantastic central performance by James Franco. Danny Boyle seems to have kept most of the crew that he used on Slumdog Millionaire and it shows with yet another terrific film.
Old 7th January 2011, 08:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I just watched The Dead Next Door and cannot believe how enjoyable and admirable such a cheap film could be - shot on Super 8 stock!!!

Very impressed, I liked it a lot.

There's no mistaking Bruce Campbell's voice is there! I watched the film not knowing of Raimi and Campbell's involvement, but the moment the character of "Raimi" spoke I knew it had to be Bruce Campbell dubbing the voice!

Like this? Share it using the links below!