Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
Bava's THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, the first giallo
THE WHIP AND THE BODY
KIDNAPPED, a brilliant heist film, and one of Tarantino's many inspirations
I have a massive list of films I own, have watched a few times and want to watch again with the two Mario Bava collections being near the top of that list.
Old 30th January 2011, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Just seen the oscar nominated comedy The Kids Are All Right.

I saw the trailer and it looked really good and funny so I thought I would give it a go.
I herdly watch many comedies but this was really good. The acting all round was superb and the story was enjoyable too.
That was one of the 10 best films I saw last year as, as you say, the performances are immense particularly from Annette Benning, Julianne Moore: Ruffalo and Mia Wasikowska. The film feels very personal and it is because writer/director Lisa Cholodenko based it largely from personal experience as she and her partner were considering using donor sperm to get pregnant.

My Mum and Dad saw it at the cinema and my Mum burst out laughing at the line "you don't find many straight men who like Joni Mitchell" because my Dad has several of her records!
Old 30th January 2011, 10:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That was one of the 10 best films I saw last year as, as you say, the performances are immense particularly from Annette Benning, Julianne Moore: Ruffalo and Mia Wasikowska. The film feels very personal and it is because writer/director Lisa Cholodenko based it largely from personal experience as she and her partner were considering using donor sperm to get pregnant.

My Mum and Dad saw it at the cinema and my Mum burst out laughing at the line "you don't find many straight men who like Joni Mitchell" because my Dad has several of her records!
ha ha

yeah it was a very well made movie. Most people would think it was a Hollywood affair but its actually a indie comedy

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th January 2011, 10:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

nice list Nos, Really want to see Secret of Kells, heard great things about it.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Finally got round to watching my Paranoiac blu this weekend.

Ollie Reed at his unhinged best! Loved it. Pretty nice looking transfer too.

You make it easy.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Managed .. at last .. to get around to watching

Harpoon

Last night. Well, maybe I was a little over-expectant with this one as I had heard great reviews and I had waited AGES to see it! However, I thought the gore was a little on the tepid side .. and the gaps between the gore were too long. It was OK I guess, but what the heck was with that Jap woman and the guy who she told could make a fortune!? Was this her escape plot or did I miss something?
Old 31st January 2011, 12:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not quite sure who she was supposed to be in terms of her relationship to the other people on the boat but actually quite liked the mystery of her character and the ending. It isn't a great film but, as slashers go, it is eminently watchable.
Old 31st January 2011, 06:17 PM
Cult Rookie

"The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest". It was ok, kind of slow up until the end but even then wasn't too heavy on action. The movies kind of went downhill from the first but I still enjoyed them. Can't wait to see how Hollywood destroys it! BLECH!
Old 31st January 2011, 11:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen Hatchet 2!

The kills were awesome!! as far as the rest goes it was alright. Story could been much better but then again this move is all about the kills so should not expect too much.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st February 2011, 09:09 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTerror View Post
"The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest". It was ok, kind of slow up until the end but even then wasn't too heavy on action. The movies kind of went downhill from the first but I still enjoyed them. Can't wait to see how Hollywood destroys it! BLECH!
You should wait Until they release the trilogy because at the same time they will release the Original Mini-Series version of the trilogy called Millenium which is has 2 hours more footage than the film versions running time combined i.e. each book has been done as 2 90 minute parts to form a 6 part mini-series.

Like this? Share it using the links below!