All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2011, 12:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

After returning from the cinema where I saw True Grit (see above), I watched The Social Network which stands out on second viewing as an astonishingly well directed film with vibrant editing, a sparkling screenplay by Aaron Sorkin and probably the best score amongst any I've come across in the last 12 months or so.
Old 14th February 2011, 10:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Another from the 'to watch' pile got a viewing yesterday and wish it hadn't.
SS Girls. Bruno Mattei has a lot to answer for with this effort. Started off ok with the training of the girls with the appearance of 'The beast' and some deformed fella adding to the sleaziness.
After that it was just boring as hell with nothing but nudity(not decent Russ Meyer type madness) and more bush than in the Austrailian outback. No gore, about two drops of blood, brutal acting. Nothing.

Also watched Knightriders earlier(sky+'d from MGM HD). Quite enjoyed this and a real departure from romero's 'dead' series. Some great performances from Ed harris and Tom Savini. Good action, pretty funny. Looked fantastic in HD.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen the film Dear Mr Gacy which is based off a true story and book about a 18 year old college kid that tried to get inside the head of a serial killer and rapist on death row.
John Wayne Gacy was given the death penalty in 1996, 20 years after he committed the crimes which consisted of rape and murder of boys and young men.

This was a very interesting movie and got me interested more into the case, need to look it up more The kid graduated and became a defence lawyer and wrote best selling book on this guy and also interviewed other serial killers. Then he took his own life in 2006.

Now the acting was good and it was a good movie, more of a drama then horror or thriller. After reading more into it it seems like the movie missed out on quite a bit as no one to this day knows why he killed himself and if it really was suicide as there was no inverstigation. Theories are saying that Gacy was not working alone and was a satanist and he actully did not kill only raped. The suicide also happened on 6/6/06 which people say is not a concidence seeing as he did look into satanits when he was researching other killers who did ritual killings.

Ooops went on a blabbing spree there

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th February 2011, 07:52 PM
Active Cultist

Robo Geisha
Old 15th February 2011, 08:07 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

THE KILLER INSIDE ME - boring, on the back cover it says 'Eat your hear out Quentin Tarantino....a truly great movie' - what was the reviewer on?

VIDEO NASTIES - THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE - brilliant
Old 15th February 2011, 10:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Alpha and Omega -- utterly rubbish, like a cheap animated film made for TV with so many missed chances it's unbelievable.
Old 15th February 2011, 10:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Spirits of the Damned - Arrow Films did a great job with the transfer of this BD. Super package & presentation. My favourite of the 3 is definitely METZENGERSTEIN; very Corman like & excellent direction. All 3 are super short stories though.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 16th February 2011, 12:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen the French movie In Their Sleep

Now we all know the recent new wave of french horror has been pretty awesome and this is yet another one of them. Its not like Inside or Martrys with excess gore or violence but its still a pretty good movie.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th February 2011, 08:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Recently watched:

High Crime
Blood and Black Lace
The Killer Must Kill Again
Feast of Satan
Vacation Massacre

Last edited by Pete; 16th February 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Spirits of the Damned - Arrow Films did a great job with the transfer of this BD. Super package & presentation. My favourite of the 3 is definitely METZENGERSTEIN; very Corman like & excellent direction. All 3 are super short stories though.
Don't you mean Spirits of the Dead? I won this in a competition but have yet to see it still. Will put higher up my 'to watch' pile now.

Saw The Coen Brothers True Grit at the cinema last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot slower paced than I expected but truly a great film. 2011 has got off to a superb start with some of the recent cinema releases.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!