Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2011, 12:26 AM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I was disapointed with .....New York Ripper, Four of the Apocalypse. Cat in the Brain, Dont torture a Duckling.. Lizard in a Women Skin, plus others, But like you said each to there no one can please every one or be to every one taste..
Exactly, well said!
Old 25th February 2011, 06:42 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

last night i watched

the killing room
cujo
crank 2
Old 25th February 2011, 08:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Recent watches...

Octopus(from the 'to watch' mountain)
Enjoyed parts of this but generally fairly naff...crap overacting

Slugs Haven't seen this in years, hilariously bad movie but some decent gore

Case 39 I'd give this a Meh out of 10. Kinda builds up very slowly and then when the crap hits the fan its just more like a fart hitting a light breeze.

Satan's baby doll (to watch mountain) Very boring indeed, some funny parts but wouldn't be rushing to re watch(unlike Beast in Space!!!)
Old 25th February 2011, 08:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Recent watches...

Octopus(from the 'to watch' mountain)
Enjoyed parts of this but generally fairly naff...crap overacting

Slugs Haven't seen this in years, hilariously bad movie but some decent gore

Case 39 I'd give this a Meh out of 10. Kinda builds up very slowly and then when the crap hits the fan its just more like a fart hitting a light breeze.

Satan's baby doll (to watch mountain) Very boring indeed, some funny parts but wouldn't be rushing to re watch(unlike Beast in Space!!!)
Agreed
It was a waste of time.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th February 2011, 08:33 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Agreed
It was a waste of time.

I recorded that on my V+ box but haven't yet had a chance to watch it but, despite these warnings, I will still give it a watch and try to keep an open mind. I'll say one thing for it so far, it has an intriguing title!
Old 25th February 2011, 08:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Raising Arizona for the first time yesterday. Loved it! I have the house to myself tonight so might have a Coen Brothers fest. There's still a few in my 'to watch' pile that I haven't seen.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:52 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Raising Arizona for the first time yesterday. Loved it! I have the house to myself tonight so might have a Coen Brothers fest. There's still a few in my 'to watch' pile that I haven't seen.
Enjoy! Loads of fantastic movies there - 'Fargo', 'Hudsucker' and 'Oh Brother' are all time favourites of mine.

I've just watched 'The Road' and absolutely loved it - who'd have thought that shopping trolley theft and cannibalism could combine into such a moving story.

Also watched 'Wolf Creek' - really good movie. Lived in Australia at that time and now know why my girlfriend's mother kept on telling me to visit Belanglo State Forest.
Old 26th February 2011, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoGoldfinger View Post
I've just watched 'The Road' and absolutely loved it - who'd have thought that shopping trolley theft and cannibalism could combine into such a moving story.
The Road is a fantastic film, very downbeat but very moving, definately one of the best films of '09.

Watched korean thriller Public Enemy last night, was good but a little two much humour for such a serious plot, still a very well made film though.
Old 26th February 2011, 01:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Recently watched Angels and Demons and Repo Men. Enjoyed both films, though i would not watch Repo Men again.
Old 26th February 2011, 04:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

watched The Intruder last night.
Its a Thai snake thriller.
its ok but kinda dragged, CGI snakes were not as bad as those cheap syfi channel movies.

Watched Paranormal Activity 2 extended cut, now this just has random scenes re-added that dont go with the actual movie. For example one of the new scenes was a pot catching on fire, then the husband comes down as the fire alarm goes off and goes outside to throw it in the pool and sees his daughter and her bf who was meant to have gone home. So the dad shouts at him saying ur meant to be at home and how its "not cool" and then asks daughter if she left the pot on the stove.

Then it goes on to the next scene and that scene dont get mentioned again untill the next added scene so its like it didnt happen and then happened

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!