Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179618Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2011, 04:20 PM
Cultist in Training

Just watched The Haunting with blazing sunshine outside. Good thing that its atmosphere and scares are good enough to penetrate the UV exposure.
Old 1st May 2011, 04:31 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoZOMBIE View Post
Watched Hard Revenge Milly and it's excellent sequel Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle last night. If anyone has ever seen The Machine Girl (which I also highly recommend ) then you will love this fantastic ultra-violent japanese series! Let's hope they make a third film!!!

Here is the trailer for Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle:
Woah! That trailer is excellent. Definately gonna check these out.
Old 1st May 2011, 05:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryJack View Post
Woah! That trailer is excellent. Definately gonna check these out.
Both films are only between 40-50 minutes long each but they are great fun and you can pick them both up from Amazon for £3.99!

Tempted to watch Meatball Machine again now. More Ultra-Violent Japanese madness!
Kyle likes this.
Old 1st May 2011, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Currently watching:

Old 1st May 2011, 07:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Is that the Michael Findlay directed one that I'll be picking up tomorrow Pete?

If so let me know what it's like dude!
Old 1st May 2011, 07:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoZOMBIE View Post
Is that the Michael Findlay directed one that I'll be picking up tomorrow Pete?

If so let me know what it's like dude!
It is!
Old 1st May 2011, 08:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just seen Night of the Dribbler (1990) and wouldn't recommend it to people looking for a slasher.
It's basically 95% basketball team comedy (in a low budget "Airplane style") and 5% slasher inspired.

I'd say it's rather mediocre,not bad though.

Also watched Don't Go in the Woods (...Alone!) (1981).
After years of refusing to watch this on vhs,because I thought the cover was creepy looking,finally gave it a watch on the Code Red double bill dvd...
Fun but sometimes a bit messy and confusing (which makes the movie actually weirder) low budget backwoods horror.
Seems some people consider this film boring but I didn't experience any boredom as there's always something happening seeing that the woods are crawling with all sorts of goofy characters.
Also lots of black comedy and an incredible soundtrack!

Seems Code Red released it on this double bill 16x9 hardmatted because many people requested it but their older dvd is the correct fullscreen ratio.

Think I'll be picking up that one (which also has more extras) soon.

Old 1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just watched dream demon 8/10
Old 1st May 2011, 10:24 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

PINK ANGELS

After digging the whole gay biker thing in Kenneth Anger's work, I dug this out of the to watch pile and gave it a go. Blimey! What a strange film, equal parts post "Easy Rider" state of the Nation travelogue, camp comedy and stick it to the man early American indie/alternative cinema. To be honest, it's a hit and miss affair with some parts working really well whilst others fall flat. The plot concerns 6 gay men travelling to LA to go to a drag ball. For some reason that is only eluded to, they are travelling on motorbikes disguised as Hells Angels. The expected run ins with the police, real bikers and fazed looks from towns folk are all present and correct. What's quite bizarre is the lack of gay sex or even shows of physical affection amongst the led characters who are in fact 3 couples, whilst a biker gang bang involves limited shots of female flesh and much dry humping. I guess America wasn't ready. The ending is stunning and although I guessed how the film was going to end, it's execution took me completely by surprise. Worth a look if you are at all interested in American counter culture from the 60s and 70s.
Kyle and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
PINK ANGELS

After digging the whole gay biker thing in Kenneth Anger's work, I dug this out of the to watch pile and gave it a go. Blimey! What a strange film, equal parts post "Easy Rider" state of the Nation travelogue, camp comedy and stick it to the man early American indie/alternative cinema. To be honest, it's a hit and miss affair with some parts working really well whilst others fall flat. The plot concerns 6 gay men travelling to LA to go to a drag ball. For some reason that is only eluded to, they are travelling on motorbikes disguised as Hells Angels. The expected run ins with the police, real bikers and fazed looks from towns folk are all present and correct. What's quite bizarre is the lack of gay sex or even shows of physical affection amongst the led characters who are in fact 3 couples, whilst a biker gang bang involves limited shots of female flesh and much dry humping. I guess America wasn't ready. The ending is stunning and although I guessed how the film was going to end, it's execution took me completely by surprise. Worth a look if you are at all interested in American counter culture from the 60s and 70s.
Got Pink Angels on one of those Drive-in box sets. Went into it blind but found it a pretty good film. MTDS sums it up very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51QUoxKqxvL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.5 KB, 1 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!