Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179029Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2008, 06:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
If it's shite,then I know who phone mate.....
Thought yah would!
Old 26th September 2008, 06:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
But hang about chaps, I'm checking Amazon and there are 4 sequels to Shogun Assassin... my confusion is growing .
hmmm, so there is. I dunno cloud. Maybe the other babycart films got released titled as Shogun Assassin sequels at some point. I dont know if thats actually the case but it's all I can come up with. Trench might know more about it maybe.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Aswell as Babycart I also picked up a bunch of cheap cheesey looking action and kung-fu films in CEX this afternoon. Got Final Executioner, Low Blow, One Man Force, Killer X, Portrait of a hitman, Drunken Master, Revenge of the Drunken Master, Red Shadow, Hired to Kill and The Gladiator. The whole lot came to under a tenner. Just gotta find the time to actually watch them now
Old 27th September 2008, 05:51 PM
Cultist

DVD (Film):

The Entity (1981) (R1)
Midnite Movie Double Bill - Countess Dracula/The Vampire Lovers (R1)
The Entrance (horror starring Sarah-Jane Redmond who played Lucy Butler in the TV series Millennium).

I haven't watched any of these films yet so I can't say if I can recommend them or not.

Last edited by WaveCrest; 27th September 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 28th September 2008, 11:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched a couple of films last night I picked up recently. Charles Band's Hideous! and recent brit shocker Broken.

Hideous! was a pretty bad film in all respects but good old Charles Band sure knows how to make bad films entertaining It was pretty fun (it probably helped that i'd had a few beers beforehand) but if you like Puppet Master, Ghoulies and the like you might enjoy this. Jacqueline Lovell walking round pretty much naked the whole time certainly helps

Broken was a pretty nasty Saw/ Hostel type cash in about a woman kidnapped and held captive in some woods where she's made to do pretty sick things in some kind of endurance test to see if she'll stick it out in hopes of getting her daughter back, or give up and kill herself. Not a bad film at all really, it was a bit grim and downbeat in places but dragged a bit in others. Worth watching though overall.
Old 28th September 2008, 07:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bought the 3 disc Memento today-anyone know how to access the egg to play the film from start to end?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th September 2008, 08:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wise purchase, reaps. Memento is a masterpiece, the modern day Citizen Kane. I amazingly found the 3 discer in a charity shop for ?1, back in 2006!!

The chronological version is on disc 2. It's somewhere by the bottom of the torso and you press right or left on the control.
Old 28th September 2008, 10:29 PM
Cultist

Hawaii Five-O: Season 4 (R2)
Dallas: Season 9 (R2) - it's really season 8 as Warner Brothers cocked-up with the labelling of the boxsets when they started releasing Dallas on DVD

Minder - Series 6 & 7 (R2).
Old 28th September 2008, 11:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
hmmm, so there is. I dunno cloud. Maybe the other babycart films got released titled as Shogun Assassin sequels at some point. I dont know if thats actually the case but it's all I can come up with. Trench might know more about it maybe.
That's exactly what happened, they're just English dubbed versions.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
That's exactly what happened, they're just English dubbed versions.
This is the definitive "Lone Wolf & Cub" set below IMHO.The UK boxed set is cut for violence & sexual violence and the prints/subtitling are poorer.I believe the first film was apparently re-released in a remastered version here, but if you can get the r1 set cheap get it ,as the films still put many recent action films to shame http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lone-Wolf-Cu...2684101&sr=1-9

Like this? Share it using the links below!