Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179485Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2011, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I was round at a friends and he was watching a serbian film...i havent seen this yet ...But he was at the scene where 2blokes where watching a clip of a women giving birth then he slapped the baby bottom pulled down his pants and ......sorry but just by watching that scene i thought it was disgusting sick and uncalled for 1 film i wont be watching....I think scenes like these have stooped to a all time low and gone beyond scrapping the barrel of depravity and sickness,,i dont want to imagine whats in rest of the film....

Last edited by gag; 28th May 2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 28th May 2011, 05:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just watched the Hanging woman ...a paul naschy film ...to be total honest i dont realy know much about him or his films ...A little bit of info wouldnt go amiss ..Are his films any good,,
I've only seen a couple to be honest but I do recommend Human Beasts, as I love the way it's switches genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished BLOW OUT, absolutely stunning film, the sound design is just incredible and DePalmar's Style is perfect and beautiful and tragic at the same time. Travolta is on top form here and it's probably his best performance of his career...
Old 28th May 2011, 08:38 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Ah, I see, I hadn't thought of that. Eaten Alive is a film I definitely need to see.
For all it's faults it is worth seeing for Neville Brand's performance which is a wonky wonder to behold.
Old 28th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I was round at a friends and he was watching a serbian film...i havent seen this yet ...But he was at the scene where 2blokes where watching a clip of a women giving birth then he slapped the baby bottom pulled down his pants and ......sorry but just by watching that scene i thought it was disgusting sick and uncalled for 1 film i wont be watching....I think scenes like these have stooped to a all time low and gone beyond scrapping the barrel of depravity and sickness,,i dont want to imagine whats in rest of the film....
That's pretty much the worse scene to be honest, there's one near the end that's quite bad too although its not as bad.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 28th May 2011, 11:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
That's pretty much the worse scene to be honest, there's one near the end that's quite bad too although its not as bad.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Either way there nothing that can justify or exscuse what is shown in the film..im not against censorship but when scenes like these are shown sometimes u begin to wonder and agree with a ban ...disgusting and sick are a understatement..
Old 28th May 2011, 11:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched cemetery man im not sure what it was or why but i just couldnt get into the film....
Old 29th May 2011, 08:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Without warning
Old 29th May 2011, 08:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Frozen last night. Really good film, very claustrophobic and tense. I'm a big fan of films like that which are very basic with the emphasis on chacterisation and thought it was done incredibly well.
Old 29th May 2011, 11:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Just watched cemetery man im not sure what it was or why but i just couldnt get into the film....

I loved it ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Frozen last night. Really good film, very claustrophobic and tense. I'm a big fan of films like that which are very basic with the emphasis on chacterisation and thought it was done incredibly well.
Yeah its a VERY good flick with lots of atmosphere.
I enjoyed all of Green's flicks although hatchet 2 was a let down.

Last night I watched Dawning a new indie flick about a brother and sister who go to a cabin to visit their dad and step mum and this guy comes storming into the cabin and starts going crazy. From then on stuff starts to happen like people saying stuff they did not actually say etc. Was a good flick for a indie and was interesting but towards the end it didnt really explain anything and then ended so I didnt like the ending

Also watched Outcast and it was meh could have been much better. Good acting all around though esp fergal.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 29th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Russia 88" Much better than I expected and totally unlike I expected too. Basically I thought this was going to be endless scenes of violence but actually there is very little violence on screen, most of the violence comes in the constant use of racist language which gives "Fight for Your Life" a run for it's money. I've read a fair bit on post WWII Neo Nazis and this gives a much better flavour of the scene than "American History X" or "Romper Stomper" though it lifts scenes and ideas from both films. The main problem I have with these type of films is that either the main character or some one close to them has to die violently at the end. It's as if the directors don't quite trust the viewer to make up their own minds or political views when watching the films which is kind of patronising to my mind. Still, it's a very good film but not as good as "The Believer" my favourite Nazi Bonehead film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!