Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2011, 06:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Watched Limitless Last night, really enjoyed this non sic-fi sci-fi film. Bradley Cooper is pretty good in it and it's really really well shot..
Its one i quite fancy, you may have swayed me into picking it up for this weekend.
Old 9th August 2011, 07:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Robocop
Old 9th August 2011, 10:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Watched Limitless Last night, really enjoyed this non sic-fi sci-fi film. Bradley Cooper is pretty good in it and it's really really well shot..
i thought it was ok but didnt like the ending at all!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th August 2011, 11:30 PM
Cult Addict

I enjoyed limitless but found the ending somewhat abrubt and contrived.. at first anyway.

Think it through and it actually makes quite a bit of sense. Also the fella who played the russian mobster was in a film called luster. I dont think its out in the uk yet but if you get the chance check it out, its pretty darned good.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:37 PM
Cultist

I bought "Children of men" from CEX the other day and decided to watch it tonight. Very bleak vision of the future. Civil unrest, urban decay, lines of police vans etc. Kind of apt considering what's going on in several English cities at the moment.
Old 10th August 2011, 01:53 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryJack View Post
I bought "Children of men" from CEX the other day and decided to watch it tonight. Very bleak vision of the future. Civil unrest, urban decay, lines of police vans etc. Kind of apt considering what's going on in several English cities at the moment.
That's one of my favourite films from recent years. Bar the main storyline, you can almost picture it as England in the future which is quite scary.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm probably the last person here to see it but I saw The Human Centipede over the w/end. Not a film I'd be rushing out to see but it's on Sky at the moment, so I thought "Why not ?" Anyway, I hate to admit it, but this one left me slightly queasy I must say, even though the set up - two girls break down in the woods and arrive at the home of a mad doctor, is as brainless as it gets... Still by the time the two girls are grafted ass-to-mouth to a Japanese guy, they were probably thinking, "What I would give to be in Unhinged or Three On A Meethook right now"...
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Colin and NIADB (with comm). colin quite sombre in places, and if they made that for £45, then we can all do it ahem. not one for the zombie Strippers crowd, but better then Shuttle IMO.
Baird Stafford has an amazing memory indeed, now if i can just entice an unsuspecting italian speaker into my lair, i can watch this sodding interview as well.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:45 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

saw Super 8 yesterday, this was the one film i was really looking forward to this year, it's very well made but was missing something. JJ Abrams is a good director and you can see where his influences cam from, it's not as 'Spielberg' as i was led to believe but it's still a great little film just seems to be missing something..

Also just finished watching Quarantine 2: Terminal, i hated the first as i saw no point, the sequel loses the handheld camera and goes for the straight way of filming, it has nothing to do with REC2 as this is completely stand alone, really enjoyed this, just a well made Infection film. If you disliked the first, still watch this as it's very different..

Last edited by pedromonkey; 10th August 2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:45 PM
Cultist

Just finished watching "last of the living" it's very good especially for a low budget movie I would recommend this film.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609190,-0.269116
antmumford likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!