Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179587Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2011, 11:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
This is the greatest movie ever made and I want a blu-ray with 16 hours worth of extra's.
Ha! Well obviously I wouldn't go that far, in fact it's not even the best post-apocalypse cult gem I've discovered this year (that would be The Bed-Sitting Room). But yeah, I'd love to hear some stories on the making of this . . .
Old 20th August 2011, 02:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Off to see 'Cowboys & Aliens' tonite, unlike the 'Apes' film I'm going in with a popcorn/empty-headed attitude of just entertain me with whatever you throw on the screen, good or bad.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:09 PM
Cultist in Training

Sat though a double bill of the new Code Red release of Nighmare and the old Film 2000 release of Pieces. Never seen either film before and quite frankly am kicking myself for taking this long. Really liked Nighmare, thought the actlng was great and C.J. scared the crap out of the tbh....Pieces on the other hand had me in stitches. Random Kung Fu teachers jumping out of nowhere, the greatest use of the word bastard ever committed to film, the ending and tennis pro's moonlighting as cops. Can't really recommend it enough.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"The Expendables", great set pieces, shit film.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II", fast, at times brutal and bloody final film in the series. The amount of death and destruction was very impressive for a kids film.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Isn't it typical, I watch 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' with high expectations, good vibe, good reviews... And... Oh well a 3/5 at best. Now I go see 'Cowboys & Aliens', bad reviews etc., and while it's no 'Aliens' it's a very good western(Craig and Ford are great, Ford especially as the grizzled old father figure) in fact as you watch it's kind of a shame the aliens show up(CGI overload), Ford and Craig would have made it a really good normal western. I honestly think members here will like it(time we ditch reviews elsewhere and just see what we think here) But I will say too much alien action happens at night, but it's well shot so you actually can see it, anymore and we're into spoiler territory so either give it a shot with a smile and a big bag of popcorn or wait until the Dvd/Blu. Probably a 3/5, but a fun 3 as opposed to a disappointing 3.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Brotherhood - This was my girlfriend's choice from Blockbusters and looking at the 75 minute running time, I was a bit dubious but it's actually pretty good. The blurb on the back of the DVD make it sound like a gang-related crime film but it's actually centred around a fraternity initiation. This is a well paced thriller and whilst it won't make too many people's top 10 lists, it's an entertaining diversion.

Insidious - I found the first half of this absolutely terrifying but for me, it lost some of its focus and pace once the 'ghosthunters' appear on the scene. In fact, I think the final third is all a bit silly, although it does redeem itself with a truly spine-tingling ending. Overall, well worth a look and a nice change of pace from some of the gorier recent horrors.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Brotherhood - This was my girlfriend's choice from Blockbusters and looking at the 75 minute running time, I was a bit dubious but it's actually pretty good. The blurb on the back of the DVD make it sound like a gang-related crime film but it's actually centred around a fraternity initiation. This is a well paced thriller and whilst it won't make too many people's top 10 lists, it's an entertaining diversion.

Insidious - I found the first half of this absolutely terrifying but for me, it lost some of its focus and pace once the 'ghosthunters' appear on the scene. In fact, I think the final third is all a bit silly, although it does redeem itself with a truly spine-tingling ending. Overall, well worth a look and a nice change of pace from some of the gorier recent horrors.
You'll find you're in good company here on Insidious.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:06 PM
Cultist

Just watched super 8, really good film, effects were great, decent story. I really enjoyed the little movie in the credits it's the best part if the film I reckon. Didn't go into it expecting much but ended up really enjoying it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609131,-0.268980
Old 21st August 2011, 01:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Wrecked.

Hmm tbh this bored me. Nothing much happens.
Its about this guy (Adrain Brody) that wakes up after a car crash with no memory.
He tries to get out of a car and sees this woman in a dream that tries to help him.
As he gets out he slowly remembers bits and pieces after a radio news bulletin and finding more dead bodies.

At the end he remembers what had happened before the crash and who he was.

Now I loved Buried which was a slow burner with only 1 character in a coffin in the whole 80 mins but this was quite tiring and boring. There was no pay off at the end to make it worthwhile watch. Some people may like it but I just did not get into it.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st August 2011, 01:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Man that sounds like a film from a couple of years ago where the guy keeps going foward in time from a mental hospital, Daniel Craig has a small role in it, can't remember much more, just reminded me of it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!