Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2012, 09:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Hawkmonger, Nordicdusk

Your discussion stinks, its just crap, can't you talk about some other shit.

For shame! Flush him off the boards mod's!

DVD and BD collection
Old 26th February 2012, 10:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Whats all this s**t talk!!

Onto a brighter note, I just watched Gremlins 2!
I consider this to be much more fun then first part and love the spider gremlin.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 27th February 2012, 12:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sometimes no matter how extreme some films sound like a lot of people i watch some out of curiosity or see what all the fuss is about..

A U trilogy are not my scene tadge to extreme and vomit gore trilogy etc well just a no no i dont see any apeal in these types of films and ill just stick to the good old plain horrors...i think some flms are best left aone and just left to the imagination...
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched Slashers this film is so so bad in every sense that its entertaining..
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th February 2012, 10:10 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I watched Water For Elephants yesterday.

I really enjoyed it. Christophe Waltz was excellent as the cruel circus owner and Robert Pattinson was nowhere near as bad as i thought he might be in the first film i had seen him in. As with Di Caprio he seems like he has the ability to break out of the teen market and go on to better things. Reese Witherspoon was as always excellent and quite lovely throughout.

The story had enough pace to it to keep me entertained and enough animal cruelty for me to wish Waltz to an early grave. Despite it being publicised as a romantic story it didn't really kick in untill the last third.

A decent Hollywood movie that should entertain all, perhaps not the August Underground mob though.

On a final note it was great to see Ken Foree in a mainstream movie without zombies. (Pattinson apart that is )
I really enjoyed this too. Christoph Waltz was superb, although he basically plays the same charming but sinister character he seems to play in everything.
Old 27th February 2012, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

....id rather be shit scared than covered in shit myself

AAAAnyway.....mixed bag this weekend. started well when i nipped into my local charity shop to pick up Silver Screen in the Silver City (the history of cinemas in Aberdeen....god i need glasses, as i put the title down as something else on the "...reading?" thread)....and found a copy of Black Swan for £2!! love it or not, this is one of my recent favourites and was a nice wee bonus.

then on saturday my copy of Death Smiled At Murder turned up in extremely timely fashion (cheers Nos!!!) and was well worth the wait, one of Aristide's saner moments, though thats a bit of a red herring , i felt that, like Buio Omega, a film il be watching again and again...
Combat Shock..timely as there's a great article in the new Darkside, Taxi Driver it aint, but this was right up my street, a more gritty film i couldnt hope to see, mate kept comparing it to Eraserhead, which is very apt, must see if i can still get that 2dscr!!! RECOMMENDED

and i finished with The Baader Meinhof Complex(Uli Ledel, 2009) which was on BBC4 Sunday. NOT for everyone, this tells the tale of disaffected left wingers in West Germany in the late 60s/70s, some interesting performances, great locations and some brutal scenes and still it wasnt long enough

also found Carlos The Jackal in my local Factory Store! 3discer!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th February 2012, 11:50 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Had a SyFy double bill last night.

Wyvern - this really is a good film! Well written and acted and with exemplary CGI effects. Extremely enjoyable.

Sand Serpents - not as good, but not without interest. Being set during the recent/current conflict in Afghanistan makes it a little uncomfortable to watch at times. But gigantic carnivorous worms are always a good call.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Had a SyFy double bill last night.

Wyvern - this really is a good film! Well written and acted and with exemplary CGI effects. Extremely enjoyable.

Sand Serpents - not as good, but not without interest. Being set during the recent/current conflict in Afghanistan makes it a little uncomfortable to watch at times. But gigantic carnivorous worms are always a good call.
Glad you enjoyed Wyvern Gojirosan, its always a concern when someone buys a film you recommend.
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched The Mechanic this weekend, the Statham one rather than Bronson. As I'm not really a fan of the Bronson one (due to Jan-Michael Vincent, the cinematic equivalent of thrush), I wasn't holding out much hope, but I really enjoyed it! Cracking set pieces, Donald Sutherland on great form and quite a restrained approach against what I was expecting. The only downer for me were the final scenes with the main antagonist, it didn't really have the same feel as the rest of the film. Perfect Friday night fodder though. The Stath truly is the JCVD/Seagal of this era, and it still on the cinematic high that they were both riding in the early 90's.

Also watched Toy Story 3 again yesterday. Pin-sharp blu-ray, cracking stuff. The rubbish dump sequence seemed a lot shorter this time, I felt it dragged on first viewing. Watched the Pixar short "Night and Day" which is an extra feature as well, very, very well made, but not as classic as Burn-E or Lifted.
Old 27th February 2012, 03:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

ANNA IN KUNG FU LAND - Martial arts comedy. Not great , but it passed the time.

"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."

Like this? Share it using the links below!