Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2012, 09:46 PM
Cult Addict

genius.
Old 16th May 2012, 09:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Chinatown is a favourite of mine. I absolutely love it. I've not yet picked up the Blu-ray but I will at some point.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?byx0g0
Old 16th May 2012, 09:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just got back from the Welsh premier of The Raid and all i can say right now is that it was ****ing incredible, you won't find a film more packed full of bone crunching fight scenes in any other movie. People compared it to Ong Bak but that film is balamory compared to this.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 16th May 2012, 09:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
it seems to be regarded higher than Fulci's other films like The Beyond and City Of The Living Dead which i find baffling as those two are atmospheric, gory and really beautifully shot, Zombie is a bit of a bore for me as i find it a chore to sit through but the BU disc is a thing of beauty..
I think ZFE is probably held on higher esteem because it's one of those notorious films that comes complete with a censor-baiting title, just like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Driller Killer. I think The Beyond is far better and actually enjoyed City of the Living Dead and House by the Cemetery more too
Old 16th May 2012, 10:01 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's a step below something like Dawn of the Dead (even though the zombie effects are similar)
I actually think the zombie effects and make-up in ZFE are far superior to that of Romero's Dawn of the Dead.

Quote:
it seems to be regarded higher than Fulci's other films like The Beyond and City Of The Living Dead which i find baffling as those two are atmospheric, gory and really beautifully shot
I completely agree with this statement.
Old 16th May 2012, 10:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
it seems to be regarded higher than Fulci's other films like The Beyond and City Of The Living Dead which i find baffling as those two are atmospheric, gory and really beautifully shot, Zombie is a bit of a bore for me as i find it a chore to sit through but the BU disc is a thing of beauty..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's generally regarded as a classic but, as suziginajackson said, it hasn't aged as well as some of Fulci's more plot oriented films: some of the dubbing is laughable, the acting leaves a lot to be desired and the SFX make-up is frequently unconvincing.

However, I love it as the time seems to fly by and I seem to like it more with every viewing. It's a step below something like Dawn of the Dead (even though the zombie effects are similar) as it doesn't have the intelligence of Romero's zombie masterpiece.

Just try and clear your mind as much as possible and watch it without any preconceptions so you can give it an honest appraisal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Being brutally honest...

I first saw 'Zombie Flesheaters' (as us Brits know it) back in the 80's on video, and I thought it was a great film - lotsa blood in the opening sequence, jaw dropping shark scene, legendary eyeball scene, sickening zombie buffet scene, gripping final speech on the radio

Watching it now, about 20 years older, and I find it laughable. The pace is very slow, the effects look incredibly phoney, the characters are stupid, there is no logic and the plot is only there to separate the gore

However...I'm sure you already knew that

The great film I saw as a teenager, which I couldn't stop raving over, is now a typical friday night leave-your-brain-at-the-door, beer-and-kebab film

It is awful, but it is also a classic and I love revisiting the island of Matoul!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Oh it's really boring mate, tedious, not gory, not scary. Get something good for your Birthday instead................ (only kidding everyone, I think it's a bloody classic)
Sounds right up my alley. Getting it for my 15th on the 28th May, and sounds like a lot of fun. I have no problem with crap effects (as long as it isn't cg), and I had an absolute hoot watching Pieces, so looks like I'll have fun! Thanks for the feedback!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th May 2012, 10:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
You mean the kind of films most folk pretend to like to appear intelligent . . .
Saw Vertigo and Rear Window in a double feature once.
Rear Window was a hoot, bu Vertigo was SOOOOO boring and annoying, with dodgy plot twist and I left before it finished, as I decided to look up the end to see how long it has left. Only plus was watching it in 70MM, closest you'll get to a blu ray

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th May 2012, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I actually think the zombie effects and make-up in ZFE are far superior to that of Romero's Dawn of the Dead.
I'm in full agreement of this. The fx in DAWN is pretty poor imo.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 16th May 2012, 11:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched the Machine Gun McCain BD today. Fantastic flick!
Old 17th May 2012, 04:41 AM
Cultist

Nude for Satan (1974)
( Nuda per Satana )
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!