LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2012, 07:27 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 92289

Attachment 92290

Attachment 92291

I had heard that Jaws looked great on Blu Ray but i was still not prepared for how fantastic it looked.
The effect is even more impressive up on the big screen, the quality of jaws when I went to see it at the cinema astonished me. I've been a little soured to the film since then after splashing out on the steelbook only to see a ltd mediabook get released not long afterwards.
Old 1st December 2012, 10:44 AM
Active Cultist

I had the luxury of watching Chinatown on blu last night, then immediately watching it again with the Towne/Fincher commentary (US release only, beware). Is there any other movie that improves so much on every rewatch? First time I saw it I thought it was slow and confusing and fairly dull (idiot!). What it does is treat the audience with respect, its the anti Michael Bay film, thinking and total immersion is essential. Was great hearing David Fincher (who adores it) revealing a few tiny imperfections (or were they?) in Polanskis direction - he must have seen it 100 times to notice this stuff. Robert Towne sounds strangely normal - after reading Easy Riders...Raging Bulls I though he was a total fruitcake!
Old 1st December 2012, 01:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Just had the privilege of watching NEKROMANTIK on the silver screen (in Leeds, at the tail end of the film festival). Jorg B was present for an affable Q&A... an enjoyable little evening (which seems a bizarre thing to say, given that twenty years ago you imagine cinemas being stormed by riot police for showing same).
Interestingly, one of the festival facilitators happened to mention during his introduction that they'd had to submit 'Nekro...' to the BBFC in order to get it shown legally, and were told that, in this day and age, it would pass uncut at 18 (I thought it'd always stumble on the gratuitous rabbit flaying front, but apparently not). Whilst I can't imagine the likes of Arrow and Second Sight straining at the leash to give 'Nekromantik' a UK release, it'd be nice if someone did.
Thanks for the confirmation that the BBFC wouldn't cut the film today. It really shouldn't be a surprise though as It contains nothing illegal, the fact that they were willing to let it through unscathed proves that. They also more recently passed necrophilia in Haeckels Tale and Visitor Q. Obviously genuine necrophilia wouldn’t pass. Yes it’s surprising that the rabbit cruelty was deemed ok but I suppose after what they passed in Cannibal Holocaust they probably felt cuts here really couldn’t be justified.

No reason why Nekromantik 2 should be cut as it's just more of the same.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 1st December 2012, 01:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Thanks for the confirmation that the BBFC wouldn't cut the film today. It really shouldn't be a surprise though as It contains nothing illegal, the fact that they were willing to let it through unscathed proves that. They also more recently passed necrophilia in Haeckels Tale and Visitor Q. Obviously genuine necrophilia wouldn’t pass. Yes it’s surprising that the rabbit cruelty was deemed ok but I suppose after what they passed in Cannibal Holocaust they probably felt cuts here really couldn’t be justified.

No reason why Nekromantik 2 should be cut as it's just more of the same.
And that's the way it should be for 18 rated films. Only cut it if it contains something illegal. Sick and tired of stuff being cut because it breaches the BBFC's own set of guidelines.
Pete and Crimson Blade like this.
Old 1st December 2012, 05:03 PM
Cult Master

Just watched 'The New York Ripper'

Quack quack!

Quack, quack, quack?

Quack quack!!!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st December 2012, 05:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

Quack quack!

Quack, quack, quack?

Quack quack!!!!!
Had you seen it before? Dd you like it?

Quackkkkkk!
Old 1st December 2012, 05:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

Quack quack!

Quack, quack, quack?

Quack quack!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Had you seen it before? Dd you like it?

Quackkkkkk!
I have seen it before, Paul, but it was long ago, and the only part I really remembered was the part that was edited out of the Shameless release!

It was an entertaining time-waster and a typical Fulci thing!

I think it's possibly the only film I have seen by him that doesn't have any supernatural elements

Was it offensive to me - not really
Did I find it mysogynistic - yes I did, and also homophobic
Should it have been banned as a n***y - I think it was very lucky to escape the witch-hunt from the mid 80's!
Would I recommend it to people - with reservations, but I would also warn them that it is very gruelling

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st December 2012, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I almost watched this last night, haven't watched it in awhile, the uncut BU DVD of course
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st December 2012, 07:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
ALIENS. Shit gets blown up.

ALIEN 3. Not so much shit gets blown up.

ALIEN RESURRECTION. A once great franchise gets covered in shit.
Old 1st December 2012, 07:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
ALIEN RESURRECTION. A once great franchise gets covered in shit.
PROMETHEUS: shit sandwich

Like this? Share it using the links below!