Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2013, 08:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Went to See DJANGO UNCHAINED and loved every minute, didnt think it was especially overlong or anyhthing, thought DON JOHNSON was actually pretty good in it and always good to see Walton goggins turn up! (who is he? well heres his imdb link Walton Goggins - IMDb great actor!)

Got home to find a complaint about my total recall that I sold on amazon blu not working, so hoping the explanation about firmware suffices as it bloody well does work! This is why blu-ray is a pain in the ass and this is why the damnned format is not taking off as well as it should!

I'm pretty sure there have been problems with this disc, in certain players. Don't think they've been resolved yet.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
I'm pretty sure there have been problems with this disc, in certain players. Don't think they've been resolved yet.
Didn't know that, all I know is I sat and watched it with a mate, didn't like it so I sold it. Slightly put-off by the pissy email I suppose. But apparently the fella bought one previoulsy and it stopped at exactly the same place. I would have thought this was a firmware issue, most likely to do with the branching.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Don't mention branching!
Old 21st January 2013, 09:25 PM
Cult Rookie

the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-prequel1.jpg

I LOVE the texas chainsaw massacre!
part 2 and 3 are fun with some good old popcorn
part 4... sigh... no comment
So after a looooong time I tried this one....
what can I say?
they tried to damn hard! No humor, ok, so no popcorn
But the guy who plays leatherface (especially the walk and his body language) is really off!
the story wasn't much, the action wasn't much, the characters....
I hoped it wouldn't suck... I was wrong
Old 21st January 2013, 09:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

download (1).jpg

Not as great as some make out not as bad as others make out. Some great music and fantastic visuals very pleasing on the eye. But not the best Sci Fi film ever made as i have seen it described. For me it was a good watch and i was far from disappointed in it because as usual i didnt go in expecting to be blown away and have my life changed by it.

Only thing is at the start i was expecting the drum rolls at the start of Elvis See See Rider to start

Old 21st January 2013, 10:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 97588

Not as great as some make out not as bad as others make out. Some great music and fantastic visuals very pleasing on the eye. But not the best Sci Fi film ever made as i have seen it described. For me it was a good watch and i was far from disappointed in it because as usual i didnt go in expecting to be blown away and have my life changed by it.

Only thing is at the start i was expecting the drum rolls at the start of Elvis See See Rider to start

Sorry but IT IS the best sci-fi ever
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd January 2013, 08:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Sorry but IT IS the best sci-fi ever
It's best seen as a double bill with Silent Running as 2001: A Space Odyssey is very cold and technological whereas Douglas Trumbull's underrated masterpiece is very human and leaves you with a lump in your throat instead of a scientific and philosophical debate!
Old 22nd January 2013, 08:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's best seen as a double bill with Silent Running as 2001: A Space Odyssey is very cold and technological whereas Douglas Trumbull's underrated masterpiece is very human and leaves you with a lump in your throat instead of a scientific and philosophical debate!
I agree about Silent Running,2001 is beyond humanity ,on a different plane.I suggest Nordic to rewatch it
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's been a long time since I watched 2001, but I would never say it's the best sci-fi film, I think it's heavily overrated
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

How can perfection be over rated?

Watched Django Unchained last night, thought it was great. Could have without the Regulators and QT's bad Australian / South African accent though.
sawyer6 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!