All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2013, 01:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I share your concerns about the state of society in one sense, although you have to be careful when drawing conclusions because the media expands and distorts reality so that it fits a specific agenda.

The causes of violence and criminal behaviour in our society differ on a case to case basis, although generally you would find that bad parenting and a lack of social and moral guidance, poverty, peer pressure, mental health problems or revenge would probably account for much of it.

I don't believe that anyone watching an act of murder, for example, in a film would go out and commit such a crime. The willingness to do so would have to be already present within the mind of an individual, for some reason, before that would happen. Films are not dangerous, but some people most certainly are.
That is the most accurate description I've read of the whole "films influence people" discussion. Well put my friend, well put
g053584398 likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th February 2013, 02:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
A decade or so ago in Darlington, one of the lads at the sixth form college told people he was having a party as his parents were away and the house was completely trashed, with a sofa being thrown through the front window and mess everywhere. It made the front page of a couple of local newspapers and the local news. It wasn't on the scale of the one in Australia, but still cost his parents a great deal of money.
I suspect these things are a mixture of teenage stupidty ( I had a few parties that got out of hand as a teenager in the late 90's lots of britpop and cheap larger) and social networking that encourages these things to get way out of hand. There have been a few of these mental parties before project x hit the shelves, I really dont belive its all that films fault when these things happen.
Old 6th February 2013, 02:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Woodsman and the Rain

It's a very nice film - it's a Japanese drama with a few comic touches. A woodcutter is roped into helping out with a zombie movie being made near where he works. He slowly connects with the director, who has absolutely no confidence at the beginning - and you see how this friendship brings out the best in both of them. Highly recommended.
Old 6th February 2013, 03:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

My word, that was a load of pointless bullshit to read through
Anyway, I watched The Raid this afternoon, cracking film with some of the best choreographed fight scenes I've ever seen in a film and pretty much non stop action from the opening scene, fantastic.
Got my eldest boy at home all day with me tomorrow suffering with tonsillitis, so we've got Hotel Transylvania and Pirates lined up to watch
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th February 2013, 03:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
come on girls........I watched ZFE for the first time when I was 14.....sound familiar??
You call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
You do seem to get an your moral high horse a lot, whilst being a "lawbreaker" yourself, and purchasing 18 rated films whilst underage.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th February 2013, 03:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
You call?

Reminds me of Beavis and Butthead so much this song!

Huhhh huh Judas Priest, like huhh huh Rock!

Yeaaahhhhh! Huerhh Huhh huh
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th February 2013, 05:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I hated PROJECT X with a passion, so much so that i had to write my thoughts down...Here's my review for this piece of

PROJECT X (2012) Dir: Nima Nourizedah ~ Cine-Apocalypse
Justin101 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 6th February 2013, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
I hated PROJECT X with a passion, so much so that i had to write my thoughts down...Here's my review for this piece of

PROJECT X (2012) Dir: Nima Nourizedah ~ Cine-Apocalypse
Well put, the trailer made me sigh and shake my head. Over The Edge...now THERE was a film.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th February 2013, 05:27 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

I'm honestly surprised people are remembering Project X at all. Like most modern comedies, it just looks near identical to every other film aimed at my age group (20 somethings) which I avoid whenever possible.
Demoncrat likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 6th February 2013, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran

I saw this on FaceBook today and thought it was interesting, I think I agree with most of it - I'm assuming 'Batman' is referring to the 80's/90's incarnation and not Nolan.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!