Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
Just watched another 2 films in my foreign movie marathon
French films
Switchblade Romance
Martyrs
So now I've watched 2 French films 2 Mexican films
Tomorrow 2 Spanish films Rec Rec 2
Any one no of two German horror(ish) films that will go together nicely
In a double bill and any other countries with 2 films (Accept Italy)
Funny Games and The Baader Meinhof Complex perhaps
Old 12th February 2013, 07:35 AM
Ex-member

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 12th February 2013, 08:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Hellraiser II: Disappointment (1988)

Too American, too predictable, too generic - really dated. It's hard to believe that this was only a year after the stellar original, again I've not seen Hellbound: Hellraiser II in well over 10 years the same as the first installment, and I remember not being greatly amused by it back then, but things haven't gotten any better 10 years later. It's like a typical American 1980's horror with a wise cracking 'baddie' a la Kruger.

I remember quite enjoying Hellraiser III which is ironic because it's all the things I hated about part II so I'll watch that installment this week and see if my opinion of it has changed since the turn of the century

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th February 2013, 08:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
Thanks for the suggestions
Funny Games is actually Belgian

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th February 2013, 09:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mud and Sand (1922)
Häxan (1922)
The Toll of the Sea (1922)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post321010
Demoncrat and sawyer6 like this.
Old 12th February 2013, 09:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Funny Games is actually Belgian
It's not, it's actually Austrian, haha.

Surely if you're doing a German double bill it should be M and Caligari?
Justin101, Demoncrat and sawyer6 like this.
Old 12th February 2013, 09:49 AM
Active Cultist

I had exactly the same experience - Hellraiser II is a big fat dud and III is even worse (God knows what the rest are like - Jesus Wept might be appropriate). BTW what the hell has happened to Clive Barker lately - there was supposed to be a new horror book, The Scarlet Gospels, out, oh, 3 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Hellraiser II: Disappointment (1988)

Too American, too predictable, too generic - really dated. It's hard to believe that this was only a year after the stellar original, again I've not seen Hellbound: Hellraiser II in well over 10 years the same as the first installment, and I remember not being greatly amused by it back then, but things haven't gotten any better 10 years later. It's like a typical American 1980's horror with a wise cracking 'baddie' a la Kruger.

I remember quite enjoying Hellraiser III which is ironic because it's all the things I hated about part II so I'll watch that installment this week and see if my opinion of it has changed since the turn of the century
Old 12th February 2013, 10:05 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
I had exactly the same experience - Hellraiser II is a big fat dud and III is even worse (God knows what the rest are like - Jesus Wept might be appropriate). BTW what the hell has happened to Clive Barker lately - there was supposed to be a new horror book, The Scarlet Gospels, out, oh, 3 years ago?
still recovering from a nasty brush with toxic shock syndrome that left him in a coma about this time last year... still working, but not as prolific. he's on Facebook and Twitter, should you wish to keep in the loop, tends to make great reading!
Old 12th February 2013, 10:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
The Official Clive Barker Website - Revelations - Film, TV

Here his offical website you can find all about where and what he up to and all about his illness on here somewhere..
Old 12th February 2013, 10:10 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Barker
Perhaps we could put the references to Cenobites aside for a while and address real pain, daily pain, the pain that makes me feel claustrophobic because I'm trapped in my flesh and bones and they ache all the time. There's no escape hatch. The body starts its inevitable decline and our nerves do their job of reporting those profoundly unpleasant sensations to the brain. That's where things get really problematical for an artist such as myself. Until the last six or seven years I lived in a blessed state. When I was ready to make art I simply slipped out of my mind and flew. My work was a kid of poetic journalism; I reported what I saw with my mind's eye. I was like a bird flying on thermals. It took no effort to soar. And then I was kicked out of Paradise. Into my life came inexplicable chronic pain. And I have not flown on painless wings since. Those of you who know me well will already have realized that around this period I ceased to work at such a productive rate. And I got a lot of very distressing responses from readers who demanded that I work faster, and stop being so damn lazy. I decided not to tell them what I'm sharing with you now because I knew there'd only be a further barrage of accusations in response. All I can do is work as fast as I am able, even though my mind is constantly interrupted by the tormentor in the shadows of my body, who scarcely lets a minute go by without reminding me that house is sealed and I'm locked in with a thing that lives to make me hurt. Well **** it, I'm going to keep dreaming. And if the work comes more slowly, at least it will keep coming.
and that's possibly an answer to your question, straight from the horse's
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!