Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2013, 09:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
It had me laughing out loud, considering how depressed i've been lately it really did cheer me up no end.
Yeah I laughed everytime he appeared! The rest of the film didn't do it for me, unfortunately. Still, 1 and 2 are an awesome double bill . . .

What happened with that job exam thing btw . . . ?
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th February 2013, 09:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane (2007). 1/2 out of * * * *

Horrible. A waste of time. Half of a star for a cute-looking Amber Heard, though. The final twist is a farce - don't waste your time pondering on the question "Why?"...I did, and I still don't have the slightest clue...

Greetings!
Old 18th February 2013, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
All The Boys Love Mandy Lane (2007). 1/2 out of * * * *

Horrible. A waste of time. Half of a star for a cute-looking Amber Heard, though. The final twist is a farce - don't waste your time pondering on the question "Why?"...I did, and I still don't have the slightest clue...

Greetings!
I can't remember much about it apart from some running through fields i think.

I seem to recall quite liking it though.
Old 18th February 2013, 11:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yeah I laughed everytime he appeared! The rest of the film didn't do it for me, unfortunately. Still, 1 and 2 are an awesome double bill . . .

What happened with that job exam thing btw . . . ?
Not heard about the results to that yet. I do have an interview for a job with lloyds tsb, its an hour commute but should be good money working for the man and fleecing them taxpayers (wont say that in the interview!)

Finished up the evening with DEATH SHIP.

Scorpions blu has different features to the nucleus dvd, so dont get rid of your old copies, but its region free and looks supurb.

Some films get by on a supurb location alone, and death ship with its eerie creaking old nazi vessel aided by a great score oozes atmosphere. Another old classic I used to own on vhs, this is a highly reccomended little horror movie.
Old 18th February 2013, 11:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

DREDD

Wish I had gone to theatre. This is an incredible movie. Love this style and I really hope this is the start of a trilogy.
Old 19th February 2013, 12:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Not heard about the results to that yet. I do have an interview for a job with lloyds tsb, its an hour commute but should be good money working for the man and fleecing them taxpayers (wont say that in the interview!)

Finished up the evening with DEATH SHIP.

Scorpions blu has different features to the nucleus dvd, so dont get rid of your old copies, but its region free and looks supurb.

Some films get by on a supurb location alone, and death ship with its eerie creaking old nazi vessel aided by a great score oozes atmosphere. Another old classic I used to own on vhs, this is a highly reccomended little horror movie.
Good news re. 'DeathShip' - the blu is on its way to me at the moment.
Good luck with the interview!
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th February 2013, 12:58 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criterion7 View Post
DREDD

Wish I had gone to theatre. This is an incredible movie. Love this style and I really hope this is the start of a trilogy.
Watched it on blu recently and completely agree - really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Loved it from start to finish, as did my wife (which was a surprise!)

Unfortunately I believe the chances of a sequel (let alone the planned trilogy) are slim due to it doing so badly in the States. I specifically bought the blu (instead of waiting to rent) to show my support and hopefully bump up their return. I think I even read that they've recently auctioned off all the props which is never a good sign. Shame.
Hawkmonger and Criterion7 like this.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 19th February 2013, 01:29 AM
Ex-member

Just watched
Inside
Livid
2 very good French horrors
Relay looking forward to what these directors do in the future.
nekromantik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 19th February 2013, 02:31 AM
Active Cultist

Been watching the old channel 4 documentary series Eurotica and id forgotten just how great it is. Its a shame theres nothing on normal telly like these kinds of shows these days.
This led me to watching a couple of Jess Franco films Devil Hunter and Oasis of zombies. Devil Hunter always gets slated but i have a soft spot for it ( love the vietnam flashback scene that you can hear but not see lol ). The Severin dvd is top quality as well. Oasis of Zombies was not as good and i would like to see the spanish version to see if its any better.
I plan to get hold of some Mario Bava next as ive only seen Bay of Blood and his earlier stuff looks interesting.
Old 19th February 2013, 08:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggenhagen View Post
Watched it on blu recently and completely agree - really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Loved it from start to finish, as did my wife (which was a surprise!)

Unfortunately I believe the chances of a sequel (let alone the planned trilogy) are slim due to it doing so badly in the States. I specifically bought the blu (instead of waiting to rent) to show my support and hopefully bump up their return. I think I even read that they've recently auctioned off all the props which is never a good sign. Shame.
Hopefully DVD/Blu sales are high enough to warrant a sequel!
This was a great flick and I missed it in the cinemas too!
Criterion7 likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!