All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2013, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Began watching Horror of Dracula
Old 16th May 2013, 04:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just finished watching Horror of Dracula. Still love it, especially the effects at the end when Dracula is exposed to sunlight.
Old 16th May 2013, 06:01 PM
Cultist in Training

Watched my newly acquired Phenomena on Blu-ray from the good folk at Arrow, it's been a good 12 months since I last watched it. Impressed with the picture, not so much the sound. Still enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. Looking forward to watching the extra's.
SCM likes this.
Old 16th May 2013, 07:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The Other Guys + Judge Dredd (Stallone) last night, then got drunk and watched all of The Office until 5am

Just finished Double Idemnity, definition of film noir apparently. Really enjoyed it though, Lost Weekend was the only Billy Wilder film i'd seen previously I think.
Old 16th May 2013, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Osombie (2012)

You know, I found myself actually enjoying this. Trash, but fun.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

See my posting on:
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/341771-post19.html

SCM likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 17th May 2013, 02:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Love sinbad films They are great.
SCM likes this.
Old 17th May 2013, 06:26 AM
Cultist

Natural Born Killers - Unrated Director's Cut (122 Minute Version) (1994)
SCM likes this.
Old 17th May 2013, 07:06 AM
Cult Addict

Marquis DeSades Justine.

Bawdy and cruel (as one might expect given he source material) period drama as young Justine attempts to protect her virtue in a harsh, decadant and corrupt world. Looks great on Blu-ray and really shows up Roger deakins cinematography. The ending might leave a nasty taste in some peoples mouths. Personally I thought it was great.

Blair witch Project.

Honestly i'd not seen this one in years. Picked the Blu-ray up a while back from a charity shop so I decided to give it a spin. Hard to believe its been over a decade (soon to be 15 years) since this hit cinemas. Given the glut of found footage films that continue to follow in its wake I expected the experience to be diluted. Nope, still a great little film. Not as scary as some claim and probably owes its success to what at the time was the new phenomenon of viral marketing. This is still a decent little horror movie and surprisingly well presented in HI-def.
Old 17th May 2013, 07:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Blair witch Project.

Honestly i'd not seen this one in years. Picked the Blu-ray up a while back from a charity shop so I decided to give it a spin. Hard to believe its been over a decade (soon to be 15 years) since this hit cinemas. Given the glut of found footage films that continue to follow in its wake I expected the experience to be diluted. Nope, still a great little film. Not as scary as some claim and probably owes its success to what at the time was the new phenomenon of viral marketing. This is still a decent little horror movie and surprisingly well presented in HI-def.
Blair Witch Project is an amazing film, you should also check out The Last Broadcast, it plays out more as documentary than a found footage but is nevertheless great.
Watched The Woman in Black last night; great horror film, just don't get why it's a 12 though
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!