Old 26th May 2013, 12:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I keep finding myself singing the theme tune! lol! "Django..."
Old 26th May 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
I keep finding myself singing the theme tune! lol! "Django..."
I constantly find myself starting to sing Little Green Bag, then finding other people joining in!
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 26th May 2013, 03:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Reservoir Dogs all the way with me.

Edgy, violent, actors at the top of their game, the coolest soundtrack and endlessly quotable.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 26th May 2013, 03:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Reservoir Dogs all the way with me.

Edgy, violent, actors at the top of their game, the coolest soundtrack and endlessly quotable.
have to agree Dem, Reservoir Dogs all the way too.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 26th May 2013, 03:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I wasn't as impressed with Django Unchained as some others on here.It was alright, I personally preferred his previous film, Inglourious Basterds.
Ditto. I'm surprised by the number of folk here who loved Django Unchained (I'm with Fuzzy - definitely prefer Death Proof to it!). I found it surprisingly uninvolving and uninteresting. I never cared about Django's quest to rescue Broomhilda, and their relationship was never sold as anything particularly special. Plus I was disappointed by Waltz's carbon copy performance from Basterds, and I thought the dialogue lacked the zing we've come to expect ("I like the way you die, boy" seemed like someone trying and failing to imitate a Tarantino one-liner!). Oh yeah, and I though the sountrack sucked . . .

To end on a positive note, Sam Jackson was awesome, deserved to be in a better film . . .
fuzzymctiger and troggi like this.
Old 26th May 2013, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

1)2)The first two gangster films ever(short and full feature),3)this film, released in 1972 is the first South African thriller ever filmed with some Giallo elements,4)trippy film by Roeg(as always) starring a real alien ! 5)the first Arerican film by Milos Forman talks about the ''confused'' generation of the 70's,6)the cult classic,7)Midori,underground anime with VERY disturbing scenes about an abused young girl in a freakshow circus,definitely for a few! 8)anime short with beautiful visuals,based on a novel,9)10) two animated movies from Hungary about the eternal fight between cats and mice,11) anime about a soul that has a new chance in life and is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy who has just committed suicide,12)Spanish animated film with no dialogue and minimal animation about a man who is saved by a mermaid who guides him in an underwater world,13)Polish animated short about a pessimistic futuristic world,14)The Rebellion of Red Maria, the latest of cult director Costas Zapas,15)second time around of this nice movie,16)I didn't expect to like this one ,it was good though

Old 26th May 2013, 07:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
,4)trippy film by Roeg(as always) starring a real alien !
As I may have said in other postings I read more or less anything in English (yes, that includes American too) in the horror/fantasy/science fiction genres. That included an awful lot of pulp fiction from the 1950s-60s. "The man who Fell to Earth" was among these pulp fiction books. As with other books of this type a cheap, monochrome movie was made and shown in the flea pits and drive-ins around the States, eventually finding it's way on to U.K. T.V. in the late 1960s- early '70s. I remember seeing the film because I had read the book.

I would love to see this version again but can I find it? Can a bear stick it's thumb up it's arse? All I can find is the Roeg/Bowie hybrid.

Will someone please tell me that I am not a) mad, b) trying to remember a good film version of the book that I enjoyed so much, or c) a refugee from another dimension in which the monochrome earlier film is actually remembered.

Can anyone help?

Monster Magnet
Old 26th May 2013, 07:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Hammer Films

The Vengeance Of She (1968)

Never Take Sweets From Stranger (1960)

The Witches (1966)

Fear In The Night (1972)
Old 26th May 2013, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
As I may have said in other postings I read more or less anything in English (yes, that includes American too) in the horror/fantasy/science fiction genres. That included an awful lot of pulp fiction from the 1950s-60s. "The man who Fell to Earth" was among these pulp fiction books. As with other books of this type a cheap, monochrome movie was made and shown in the flea pits and drive-ins around the States, eventually finding it's way on to U.K. T.V. in the late 1960s- early '70s. I remember seeing the film because I had read the book.

I would love to see this version again but can I find it? Can a bear stick it's thumb up it's arse? All I can find is the Roeg/Bowie hybrid.

Will someone please tell me that I am not a) mad, b) trying to remember a good film version of the book that I enjoyed so much, or c) a refugee from another dimension in which the monochrome earlier film is actually remembered.

Can anyone help?

I can find is one which was made in 1987:
The Man Who Fell to Earth (TV program) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
troggi likes this.
Old 26th May 2013, 08:40 PM
Active Cultist

ANGEL HEART -- always fun to watch De Niro as Mr. Cypher, and having not seen the film for years, quite strange to see Mickey Rourke in his former 'life' as a good looking sleazeball.

AMERICAN MARY - I can appreciate this indie-horror for bringing something quite new to the table (body modification and a very interesting female protagonist), but at the same time I was underwhelmed by it for the most part. The last act fell flat for me.

THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH -- cracking gialli from Martino, enhanced greatly by that brilliant soundtrack. One of the best. Here's hoping shameless get some more films out.

Like this? Share it using the links below!