All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2013, 11:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Excellent reviews Mr. Teardrop, you've certainly piqued my interest in these two beauties.

Could not sleep last night but too tired to do anything but let a film take me for a ride. So, from about 0300hrs-0500hrs I laid back and watched an "earlier-this-week-recording" of "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! 12/10 for better than average teenage fare (and not soppy emo stuff)!
Glad you said that Troggi cos I thoroughly enjoyed Lightning Thief too, so much so that I bought the Blu-ray and am actually quite looking forward to seeing the sequel, in fact might watch it Sunday
troggi likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th August 2013, 11:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Glad you said that Troggi cos I thoroughly enjoyed Lightning Thief too, so much so that I bought the Blu-ray and am actually quite looking forward to seeing the sequel, in fact might watch it Sunday
Yes my friend I'm keeping my eye open for it but I don't think I'll take a trip to the flicks to see it, especially as my wife wants to see "Pirates on horseback" AKA "Johnny Depp with a dead bird on his head".

Monster Magnet
Old 10th August 2013, 07:14 AM
Cultist

Yesterday I watched "Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS" & "The Gestapo's Last Orgy" you can't beat a bit of nazisploitation!

Old 10th August 2013, 09:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Think I might watch Macabre tonight
And that is exactly what I did
klownz and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th August 2013, 04:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

watched the first two discs on this set.

murder mansion

a group of strangers get lost and end up in a fogged bound mansion next to a cemetery. quite atmospheric in places and better than i was expecting 5.5/10

death rage
produced by umberto lenzi amost others, this is a Italian mafia movie with yul brynner who comes out of retirement to avenge the death of his brother, alone the way he meets a stripper and her brother who becomes his apprentice. 6.5/10

Medusa

stars George Hamilton and Cameron Mitchell, Hamilton owes money to the mob in the form of Mitchell who is a loan shark, which would be no problem if its not for the chance that his father looks like his going to disinherit him, people then who have knowledge of a new will start getting killed. 4/10

i eat your skin
picture quality was so bad i turned off, something to do with zombies and voodoo

scream bloody murder
a young boy murders his father with a combine harvester and ends up losing his hand which is replaced with a hook years later the boy returns home and murders his new stepfather and mother. we quickly find out that he has issues with sex and his mother and goes on a killing spree, when he takes a $10 whore prisoner, some hilarious bad acting in places especially the sailor character. we even have a small roll for the tall man himself Angus Scrimm, here credit as Rory Guy. an OK slasher from 1973. 7/10

Metamorphosis

a doctor is looking into a way to slow down or reverse the aging process, when it looks like he will lose his funding, the good doctor experiments on himself. at first nothing seems to have changed but as time goes on he loses time and his personality begins to change as doe's his appearance, very dr Jekyll and mr Hyde which was more than likely the inspiration for the movie, i would stick around till the end too see what the good doctor turns into 6.5/10

Naked massacre

a Vietnam vet ends up in Belfast in the late 70's, the vet has issues with women and ends up torturing and murdering a group of nurses, surprisingly graphic for its day with a lot of nudity and violence. altogether not a bad film, with some decent acting and interesting backdrop of the tensions and troubles, in Ireland at that time. 6/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0469.jpg (92.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 10th August 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10th August 2013, 04:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
And that is exactly what I did
I tried to, but it was so boring I fell asleep!
troggi likes this.
Old 10th August 2013, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I am omega (2007)

I really enjoyed this and found it a lot better movie that I am legend from the same year and found Dacassos performance better than Smiths.
troggi likes this.
Old 10th August 2013, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched the Blu of Descent that I picked up from HMV in Montreal. I'm in the mood for more of Marshall's work now so may move on to Doomsday and Centurion. But I still miss Dog Soldiers on Blu.
troggi likes this.
Old 10th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched V.H.S the other night and have to be honest and say on my first viewing it was poor. Very disjointed and not many scares, nothing really to latch on to and even the hand held aspect of the film was way over the top and nauseating. 3/10 from me.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 10th August 2013, 09:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Are their two differnt versions of horror express, the one I have in the chilling classics box set is 1hr 26 mins, while the cinema club version I have is 1hr 24mins?

Like this? Share it using the links below!