Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I have this, but haven't watched it yet, me and my boys loved the first one (although we rightly prefer the original of course), might have to put it on next week during the half term holidays
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Absentia last weekend. Great little movie. Have Robocop and Friday the 13th part V lined up for tonight
dis, keirarts, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Watched Absentia last weekend. Great little movie. Have Robocop and Friday the 13th part V lined up for tonight
Absentia is great!
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:33 PM
Cult Addict

GRACE. Vaguely disturbing, horror about a mother and her baby... The film abounds with the feel and influence of early Cronenberg and Polanski. Recommended.
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Anchorman 2......
I love the first film. But this was terrible. Brick made me laugh a few times but it wasn't great at all which sucks balls because i really enjoy the first film a lot.

Aliens......
Finally i watched this film from start to end and i have got to say, after years of alienating myself from friends, that i truly believe i have been correct in my assumption that Aliens is poo. The first film is one of my all time favorite films but the second film has so many problems with it that i just can't enjoy it.

The Happening - by M. Night. Shamilamlimlamerlam.....
In our house Sci Fi films about killer foliage go a long way, we love em, if Triffids were real i bet my fiancee would be planting them in the garden before you can say 'grab yer shit we gotta leave town because of killer plants' but this film took the biscuit. Not a lot happened in 'The Happening' Not great folks. We got to the end but it didn't pick up. The genius that gave us 'The Sixth Sense' seems to have lost his ability to entertain in our house.
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
I have been itching to watch Friday the 13th again, i may do a day of just Friday films in June. Also Robocop is great! Enjoy your film night DemonK
demonknight likes this.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post

The Happening - by M. Night. Shamilamlimlamerlam.....
In our house Sci Fi films about killer foliage go a long way, we love em, if Triffids were real i bet my fiancee would be planting them in the garden before you can say 'grab yer shit we gotta leave town because of killer plants' but this film took the biscuit. Not a lot happened in 'The Happening' Not great folks. We got to the end but it didn't pick up. The genius that gave us 'The Sixth Sense' seems to have lost his ability to entertain in our house.
To me he only made one half decent film, The Sixth Sense and even that was a one trick (watch) pony.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I agree Dem, I never understood why folks enjoyed his films past the Sixth Sense. To be honest that film had a short re-watch value as well, The film 'The Others' has more of a re-watch value for me than this does now.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I agree Dem, I never understood why folks enjoyed his films past the Sixth Sense. To be honest that film had a short re-watch value as well, The film 'The Others' has more of a re-watch value for me than this does now.
Totally agree there Vipp.

I saw The Sixth Sense at the cinema and bought the US dvd as soon as it came out way back in 99. I still haven't watched it.

I've seen The Others a few times.
Bringer Of Funerals and Vipp like this.
Old 24th May 2014, 08:42 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I saw The Sixth Sense at the cinema and bought the US dvd as soon as it came out way back in 99. I still haven't watched it.

I've seen The Others a few times.
I've seen The Sixth Sense several times and am always surprised about how much it stands up to repeated viewings. I also really like The Others, which is just as good.
Bringer Of Funerals and Vipp like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!