Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2014, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Holy flame of the material world.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412538186.875738.jpg

No real plot to speak of but who needs one when a film is so over the top and fun. Can't wait for the shaw brothers movies I ordered to turn up next week. It reminded me of a episode of monkey. 8.5/

Now watching werewolves on wheels which I'm really enjoying. Got to love the title.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

BATMAN:YEAR ONE. An animated Batman film with very little Batman in it but plenty of pre Commissioner Gordon kicking arse and doing the dirty on his pregnant wife. However, when the Bat does show up he has a nice line in mean.

Presently watching the original FRIGHT NIGHT in HD on Netflix.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
BATMAN:YEAR ONE. An animated Batman film with very little Batman in it but plenty of pre Commissioner Gordon kicking arse and doing the dirty on his pregnant wife. However, when the Bat does show up he has a nice line in mean.

Presently watching the original FRIGHT NIGHT in HD on Netflix.
I really enjoyed year one, have you seen batman assault on arkham that's has very little batman but is still enjoyable. But I suppose you get more sales with the batman name than calling it sucide squad.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Metropolis (1927) on the big screen!

Even better than I was expecting it to be. The epitome of cinema in every aspect.

100/10.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I really enjoyed year one, have you seen batman assault on arkham that's has very little batman but is still enjoyable. But I suppose you get more sales with the batman name than calling it sucide squad.
I've not seen that, best one I've seen recently is JUSTICE LEAGUE. FLASHPOINT PARADOX. It is an alternative time line story about the Flash and a very different Batman.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I've not seen that, best one I've seen recently is JUSTICE LEAGUE. FLASHPOINT PARADOX. It is an alternative time line story about the Flash and a very different Batman.
Watched that last week. Enjoyed its a lot like how batman was in the early comics, he did use a gun.
Old 5th October 2014, 10:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Madison County (2011)

A group of college kids travel to a small, mountain town called Madison County to interview the author of a tell-all book on the accounts of several grisly murders that happened there.

You don't really notice the problem with this low budget backwoods slasher until the final twenty minutes. The film looks great and is well filmed with good cinematography and has a fine cast of young actors who you don't hate from the off, they don't annoy you one bit even though you are solely with them in their explorations for the first fifty minutes, they even have well written, believable dialogue. Then we meet the films killer who also looks the part sporting a fetching gnarly pig head mask....

....Then it sort of hits you gradually, there's a cast you care about but somehow the writers and director forget to add suspense. One by one characters are murdered and you really don't care. Then comes a second hammer blow or not as the case may be.... there's no blood. I saw more blood the last time i brushed my teeth too vigorously.

A real wasted opportunity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg u2wlA.jpg (38.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 5th October 2014, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict

FRIGHT NIGHT. 80s homoerotic vamp flick which has to be one of the last major vampire films to deal in death=sex rather than the post HIV vamp films where sex=death.

HOMEFRONT. The Stath squares off with James Franco in this swamp set thriller full of great, violent set pieces between Jason struggling with his accent. Kate Bosworth is so skanky looking in her role as a methhead I stopped the film and slipped on a condom in case I caught something from the TV. Recommended.
Old 5th October 2014, 10:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
FRIGHT NIGHT. 80s homoerotic vamp flick which has to be one of the last major vampire films to deal in death=sex rather than the post HIV vamp films where sex=death.

HOMEFRONT. The Stath squares off with James Franco in this swamp set thriller full of great, violent set pieces between Jason struggling with his accent. Kate Bosworth is so skanky looking in her role as a methhead I stopped the film and slipped on a condom in case I caught something from the TV. Recommended.
Bosworth is a bit of a revelation isn't she? It's like she developed speech and language from one of Boo's letters to the BBFC.
Old 5th October 2014, 10:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
a real kick to see Carrie White and Wendy Torrance, sorry Spacek and Duvall back in their 70s heyday
Exactly! Sissy Spacek was still in her "Carrie mode" very much, and this was one year before Shelly Duval was Wendy Torrance in The Shining. 3 women is a very intriguing film and I loved it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!