Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2014, 07:44 PM
Cult Addict

Has anyone watched the TV series of Rosemary's baby, looks awful to me.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 15th December 2014, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Has anyone watched the TV series of Rosemary's baby, looks awful to me.
Sounds awful. How can you make a serie out of it, it works as a 2 hour movie. It might work as a mini series but still cant see the point, they won't better the film
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th December 2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 15th December 2014, 08:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I think 'The Exorcist' is so well made and self important, that i actually don't find it that entertaining and really have to be in the right mood.
Same. There's no denying that it's a well-made classic, but it's far from being a favourite film of mine.
Old 15th December 2014, 10:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

DEAD CLOWNS - Films like 'Dead Clowns' make it all worthwhile, 'it' being the hours of toil spent trawling through endless microbudget no-hopers panning for a glimpse of indie horror gold. 'Dead Clowns' is awful, but, for me, manages to hit that 'this film is special' button. I don't know why, but there's just something mesmerising about its endless passages of stock storm footage, superfluous characters who serve some kind of purpose either you or the filmmaker has long forgotten, dreary, windswept stretches of people moving silently about, and in the end almost irrelevant seeming zombie-clown gore. The dull plot is about a long dead posse of clowns who all drowned off the coast of a small town - now it's the anniversary of their deaths, and there's a wild storm on the horizon, and etc etc etc. Whilst I was watching, part of me was willing it to be over whilst another wanted it never to end. Truly hypnotic, the kind of film which feels as though it's been accidentally summoned from the edge of sleep, although many will find its narcosis-inducing torpor a bit too much and just snoooooze. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on it in some ways, because there's enough genuinely oppressive atmosphere to lead you to believe that all this is a deliberate attempt to capture something woozy and dreamlike. Unfortunately, such notions are undermined by the film's rank cheapness and the high wince-factor of the (very sparse) dialogue, which sounds like it's being read from a technical manual. The more obviously 'bad' elements just add to its dysfunctional charm for the likes of me, but, if you like good movies, you might want to deprive yourself of the dubious delights of this strange little honk-fest.
Old 15th December 2014, 10:58 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Don't let the door bang your arse on the way out
Don't plan on going anytime soon.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 15th December 2014, 11:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Saw the Hobbit pt 3 in IMAX 3D today. just lovley. Billy Connelly as Thorins cousin is also quite funny and i forgot to say the fight between the nine dead kings and galadriel, gandalf, suramon and that cop from the matrix was also just fantastic!

Old 15th December 2014, 11:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Headless Ghost (1959)

An Anglo / American comedy horror about three exchange students who visit an old English castle on a trip and end up coming into contact with the local ghosts.

As a comedy this fails and as a horror film it also fails, neither funny nor scary, but oddly creepy at times, The Headless Ghost features friendly spectres rather than the usual malevolent entities which add to it's entertainment value, coming across as a fifties version of Rentaghost rather than a real horror film.

Good production values and a real castle location help matters as well as lively characters, both living and dead.The film's standout moment features Josephine Blake who has a memorably sexy scene as a gorgeous slave girl who performs a slinky dance for the other spirits in the castle.

The Headless Ghost isn't a classic by any means. It's poster is far better than anything on offer in the film. However it's short running time of sixty minutes should ensure boredom never sets in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Headlessghopstpost.jpg (95.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 16th December 2014, 01:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Same. There's no denying that it's a well-made classic, but it's far from being a favourite film of mine.
Having only watched it for the first time last year i was quite underwhelmed by The Exorcist.
Old 16th December 2014, 10:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

FREDDY V JASON (2003)

New Line Cinema heavy hitters go glove to machete in this monster mash. A first look at the title makes you yawn and think that this could be a load of garbage but the film is surprisingly entertaining. Played serious for most part the kills are nice and bloody. Jason looks bloody brilliant and the scenes of him on fire in the corn field are great.

"Hey, Jethro. Why don't you find yourself a pig to f**k"?

Old 16th December 2014, 06:22 PM
Cult Addict

Great film. I also like JasonX though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!