LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2015, 10:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Kite

It's shite.
Old 4th February 2015, 10:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

John Wick I really liked this. It has absolutely nothing original to add and was riddled with cliche's, but it was brutal, exciting action almost from beginning to end. Reeves was perfect for a role that effectively required him to be nothing more than an emotionless automaton on the rampage. Probably his best film for some time and my favourite action film of 2015 (so far).
Old 4th February 2015, 10:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
John Wick I really liked this. It has absolutely nothing original to add and was riddled with cliche's, but it was brutal, exciting action almost from beginning to end. Reeves was perfect for a role that effectively required him to be nothing more than an emotionless automaton on the rampage. Probably his best film for some time and my favourite action film of 2015 (so far).
I'm still waiting on a cinema release. Since seeing the trailer, I decided that this needed to be seen on the big screen.
Old 4th February 2015, 10:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I'm still waiting on a cinema release. Since seeing the trailer, I decided that this needed to be seen on the big screen.
I noticed this was released on DVD/blu-ray in the US yesterday. It opened here in Germany last weekend. I agree its probably a film that is a likely to be a more visceral experience on the big screen
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 4th February 2015, 10:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
I noticed this was released on DVD/blu-ray in the US yesterday. It opened here in Germany last weekend. I agree its probably a film that is a likely to be a more visceral experience on the big screen
We have to wait until the end of April.
SShaw likes this.
Old 4th February 2015, 11:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Kite

It's shite.
Quite an exhaustive review Mac.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 4th February 2015, 11:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
But accurate.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 4th February 2015, 11:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It drained the life and enthusiasm from me. It feels like a film that was made simply because they had to (probably because original director David R. Ellis died before making it). There's no passion from anyone. The lead actress mopes about and Sam Jackson practically leaves every scene yawning. When a film delivers a boring performance from Mr. "YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!", you know the script is lacking something serious.

But it's the film's look that killed me. It's set in a post-economic crash world and the filmmakers think the way to convey that is by dirtying up some extras, put a few holes in walls and slap a sickly green-brown filter over every scene. Imagine green-brown for 90 minutes. Ugh!

And because the filmmakers saw District 13, they included some random moments of parkour - complete with ear-shatteringly crap dubstep. Wretched stuff.

Even the film's potential sleaze and violence is drab. The head explosions are nowhere as awesome as Scanners, Hellraiser 3 or Raiders of the Lost Ark. They're more like somebody popped some bubblegum. Even the sound effect sounded like a quick, wet fart.

Did you ever see the original anime? Its subject matter (such as underage rape) is likely to offend but it was a stylish, fast paced affair that allowed time for its characters to develop. Plus, there is an action sequence set in bathroom that is one of the best committed to film.

The live-action remake's equivalent is a boring, cover-shoot affair. No pizzazz or flair - just standard cover-shooting. The most exciting moment was when my cat walked across the screen. Honest to God, could they not have her shoot the urinals and use the water to slide across the room and gun down the baddies?

Seriously, Kite is shite.
Old 5th February 2015, 07:52 AM
Cult Addict

Thief.

Sets the style and tone for Director Michael Mann's subsequent films. Precise framing of beautifully composed shots, methodical attention to detail including an almost forensic examination of the criminal acts. A lead character who is both a dedicated perfectionist at his field while at the same time flawed in almost every other aspect of his life and an ambient/rock soundtrack, here from Tangerine dream. Thief is an excellent movie from beginning to end and Arrows Blu-ray is excellent.

Ginger clown.

Seriously, is it possible to NOT want to watch a film with this title. Its apparently the first Hungarian horror movie to be shot in 3D (and then released to DVD with no 3D) A bunch of kids in the 80's decide to head to an abandoned and cursed theme park only to find a bunch of odd, foul mouthed puppets with celebrity voices are lurking about killing folk. I'm not even joking about the celebrity voices by the way, Tim Curry voices the clown (who isn't ginger, more a glowing eyed fish creature) we also get sean young, Brad Dourif and Lance Henrikson providing voices!
Ginger Clown is a f&*%$g odd film to say the least. Tonally it feels like some cheap kids film. It's incredibly juvenile throughout, however, theres loads of swearing and violence as well. Its sort of like a late 80's early to mid 90's full moon picture made by people who are smoking the finest LSD laced Hashish know to humanity. I paid 99p for it in a charity shop, glad I did
Old 5th February 2015, 08:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Until now I've always held off watching remake of RoboCop .
But last night I thought sod it I see how rubbish it is it was worse so bad I'll never give it a 2nd watch .it was totally dull and boring to the Max. I almost turned off several times .
Not a single person in the film had any character appeal couldn't care less who lived or died . think it was one of those cases where there seemed more interested in the special effects and making the film look furuturistic than actual making a film .
Murphy character was about as interesting as washing the dishes.
Even as a stand alone film and not a remake the film was still terrible, it one of those film that's a prime example for a arguement against remakes which is a shame because not all remakes are as awful as this .

Like this? Share it using the links below!