Like Tree179484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2015, 11:30 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
And Third Window have said numerous times that the licensor is asking for stupid amounts of money for Why Don't You Play in Hell, so it's unlikely they'll be able to do it.
Damn, that's a shame. I may have to import after all then!
Old 27th February 2015, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 157638

While driving home Johnny ( Walken ) is in a car crash with an 18 wheeler. Johnny wakes up in hospital to be told he has been in a coma for the last five years and his fiancee Sarah ( Brooke Adams ) has married another man. This news is devastating to Johnny but soon his life gets even worse. While a nurse is checking on Johnny he grabs her hand and has a vision where he sees her daughter in a house fire. Terrified by his vision he tells the nurse to rush home its not too late.Not only has Johnny lost five years and the love of his life he now has frightening visions of peoples past ,present and futures.

Its been a long long time since i last watched this film. When the Italian Blu Ray was announced i ordered it as soon as possible i have always loved this film. Christopher Walken is outstanding as the tortured main character. He is a broken man physically mentally and emotionally. For the viewer its also an emotional journey watching Walken going through so many powerful emotions.I will have to root out the book and give it a read again i think i was in school when i last read it. The Italian Bly Ray look great shame about the lack of extras but well worth a purchase.

Film 10/10
'The ice is gonna break!' I absolutely love Chris Walken's delivery of that line. The Dead Zone is a great film and one of my favourite Stephen King movie adaptations.
Old 27th February 2015, 02:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

hi guys,a bit late,but last friday i watched "the burning and madman",back to back.
2 great 80s slashers/summer camp films that i never get bored of.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th February 2015, 03:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Tokyo Tribe is his latest! And Third Window have said numerous times that the licensor is asking for stupid amounts of money for Why Don't You Play in Hell, so it's unlikely they'll be able to do it.
latest I've been able to actually buy... though checking around I see there's a japanese DVD.

His latest is actually shinjuku swan..
Old 27th February 2015, 06:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Ransom (1974)

When terrorists in turn kidnap the British ambassador of the fictional country of Scandinavia and a British airliner about to land in the country it's up to security chief Sean Connery to deal with their demands.

Ransom is an enjoyable thriller, fairly slow moving but always involving in a tightly plotted race against time. Often the script seems a little confusing but come the end it all ties neatly into place.

Excellent cinematography and a fine Jerry Goldsmith score ensure Ransom is a film worth watching.

Network's dvd looks terrific so i'm sure the film will have transferred brilliantly to blu-ray.

Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ransom-DVD-cover.jpg (89.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 27th February 2015, 07:46 PM
Active Cultist

I'm going over to the otherside for a mini-series of contemporary Russian war and historical films. Surprisingly readily available on DVD here in the UK, although often grossly over-marketed as war epics rather than historical dramas, they do at least come with good PQ and subtitles rather than the dub tracks which seem to be used on the US DVD releases. It inevitably means low ratings from the 'critics' on Amazon UK, but the films are often quite enjoyable, particularly if you go in expecting something a little smaller, often with a vivid art-house flair and sometimes featuring horribly unsubtle political point-scoring, often against the Ukraine or Poland.

Alexander Warrior Saint is a rather typical example of the more historical films. Taking a chapter of history lesser known in Russia and completely unknown outside it and interpolating a rather straight forward historical adventure out of it.

This could well have been made to play in schools, rather lacking in the gore or nudity of some of the other modern Russian war films, but it ticks the historical boxes and is well made.

My full review, illustrated in colour - Aleksandr. Nevskaya bitva.
Old 27th February 2015, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Rollerball (1975)

3/10.
Old 27th February 2015, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Rollerball (1975)

3/10.
Really ? I think a good watch not 9 or 10 but easily a 7 .
Old 27th February 2015, 09:09 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Rollerball (1975)

3/10.
First time I've heard of anybody disliking the original Rollerball.
Stephen@Cult Labs and gag like this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 27th February 2015, 09:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
First time I've heard of anybody disliking the original Rollerball.

If you think that's incredible.......I liked the remake.....

Like this? Share it using the links below!