Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2015, 11:26 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I really enjoyed this just waiting on he US Blu Ray to get released this summer.
One I shall be picking up then!
Old 30th April 2015, 08:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

THE LEGACY (1978)

Another film I had not seen in a while. I really enjoyed it. My main reason for checking this out again was that the house where this was filmed is not too far from me and is open to the public. Looks like some of the scenes were actually filmed inside the house as well, apart from the swimming pool which I think may have been shot at Bray Studios. If anyone knows where the village is that they ride/drive through and stop at the garage is, please let me know as I want to visit the location. I thank you.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Is it just me or does anyone else do the same.?
You want to settle down and watch a film put netflix or what ever and you struggle to find what to watch? The cover doesn't grab. The film sounds rubbish, u flick through some films to see what they look like, in the end a hour later you havent started a film yet because every film you looked at doesnt appeal one way or other.
Old 1st May 2015, 05:47 AM
Active Cultist

Border Incident - Anthony Mann remaking his T-Men only this time set on the U.S./Mexico border. Illegal migrant workers are being exploited and killed by ruthless farmer hired thugs (yes, 60 odd years after the fact this movie is sadly topical). Undercover agents try to bust the ring. There are some unbelievable, nightmarish scenes in this film, as always with DP John Alton it looks beautiful, if you can call Charles McCraws ugly mug looming out of the blackness beautiful. This is a great movie, another candidate for a dreamed about Eureka noir series.

Naked Alibi - 1954, tail end of the noir cycle and a time of what the hell movies like this. Gene Barry goes waaay over the top as a schizo family man baker cum South of the Border cop killing crime lord. Eh? Hot on his tail is lumbering cop Sterling Hayden who gets mixed up with a very weird Gloria Grahame 'I used to bite my nails, now I let them grow - in some ways it's worse'. Basically this film is mad fun, a million miles from the tightly plotted mid 40s efforts.
Old 1st May 2015, 06:55 AM
Cult Addict

From a whisper to a scream

The independently funded debut picture from Jeff Burr (puppet master 4 + 5, pumpkinhead 2, texas chainsaw 3) is an anthology film with four stories wrapped around with a story featuring the legend Vincent Price.
The first tale stars Clu Gulagher as a lonely bloke with an incestuous relationship with his sister who decides he wants to date the local beauty. She's not so keen and ends up dead but Clu decides waste no want not and consummates things anyway. 9 months later something comes back.
The next is about a crook on the run who stumbles across a magician who may have the secret of eternal life. After that we get a tale of circus freaks, forbidden love and the horrifying consequences there of. Finally Cameron mitchell plays a civil war soldier on the lam with his men who run afoul of a group of war orphans who have seen too many Hershell Gordon lewis films!

Its a great little picture with plenty of splatter and nice to see a good looking HD release. Sadly its region locked as not only are there two commentary tracks but over 4 hours of documentary materials too!
Old 1st May 2015, 09:09 AM
Cult Acolyte

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE MUMMY (1955)

More hi jinks with A/C in their MEET THE..... series. The last picture the lads made for Universal is okay...the usual slapstick scenes are here but the picture falls flat as a lot of the scenes are not really that funny. The Mummy costume looks awful, it amounts to a one piece suit and looks cheap, not up the great standards of A/C MEET FRANKENSTEIN. On the plus side, the sets for the tunnels and the tombs look great and pick the film up for the final reels.
Old 1st May 2015, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
You want to settle down and watch a film put netflix or what ever and you struggle to find what to watch? The cover doesn't grab. The film sounds rubbish, u flick through some films to see what they look like, in the end a hour later you havent started a film yet because every film you looked at doesnt appeal one way or other.
I normally sort a 'to watch' pile at the beginning of the week and stick to it, I only really use Netflix to watch TV shows.
Old 1st May 2015, 10:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) I liked it but I think it suffers from having far too many characters, and as for the twins i thought them somewhat dull. Best characters for me were the Vision (favourite as a kid), and Ultron. I dont think any one else but James Spader could have voiced the character.
Vision looked ridiculous though. Not really sure what he was meant to look like but he looked daft compared to the others.
And big misuse of the Hulk for me, my favourite character. I think Mark Ruffalo does the Dr.Banner thing perfectly.
Old 1st May 2015, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Avengers age of Ultron

While not as good as the first still a great film, more so if your a comic book fan. With so many characters I was expecting most not to get a lot of screen time but they all pretty much had a decent amount of screen time and sub story.

Spader was perfect as ultron. Highlight for me had to be hulk/ ironman fight. Also we can see that it has set up for the upcoming movies with the introducing of Klaw etc. negative points "quicksilver" who I just found to be super annoying, scarlet witch and quicksilver not magnetos children, marvel need to get there right backs, and for me not enough Hulk, I do hope now they have gotten Bruce and the hulk right in these movies we might finally see great hulk movie. 8.5/10

harker this is what the vision looks like from the comics. So I can see for a movie why they have been some changes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (61.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st May 2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 1st May 2015, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Due to my addiction to THC at the moment (er, may rephrase this...cough!!) I ended up watching Grave Halloween. Shit title, shit attempt to cash in on J Horror 10 years too late etc. When I could have watched anything else in my collection, still mate coming back fae Australiasia shortly, so may have to get out The Rollerblade 7 again.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!