Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2015, 05:21 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I just have it on an old dvd.
It was actually pretty good to be fair. This is the 101 Films blu ray which is in 1.78:1 so apparently not the original aspect ratio? Either way it's a decent enough release, picture quality is good except I noticed at one point it went a little pixelated for about 10 seconds or so..not sure if that's my pc doing it though.
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 31st October 2015, 05:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd View Post
It was actually pretty good to be fair. This is the 101 Films blu ray which is in 1.78:1 so apparently not the original aspect ratio? Either way it's a decent enough release, picture quality is good except I noticed at one point it went a little pixelated for about 10 seconds or so..not sure if that's my pc doing it though.
No idea i'm afraid.

My dvd is from Prism Leisure and quite ancient.
Old 31st October 2015, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd View Post
Sorry, I'm wrong. It's 1.85:1. Pyun's Mean Guns is 2.35:1.
keirarts and harryd like this.
Old 31st October 2015, 06:55 PM
Cult Addict

Is Mean Guns the same film as Gunmen?
Old 31st October 2015, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is Mean Guns the same film as Gunmen?
No. Mean Guns is where Ice-T invites a load of assassins (including Christopher Lambert) to an abandoned prison and has them kill each other for a few million dollars.

Gunmen has Lambert's smuggler(?) and Mario Van Peebles's DEA agent team up to find a deceased drug lord's hidden cash pile. It's a fun, yet surprisingly grim, buddy comedy.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 31st October 2015, 09:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Halloween II. Picking up directly after the events of the original, Laurie (Jamie Lee Curtis) is taken to hospital as Dr Loomis (Donald Pleasance) and the local police continue their hunt for escaped maniac Michael Myers. But Myers hasn't finished with Laurie just yet... Enjoyable sequel that starts strong, wavers a little in the mid-section but rallies for a final half-hour that's genuinely exciting and scary. Classic stuff.
Old 31st October 2015, 09:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
No. Mean Guns is where Ice-T invites a load of assassins (including Christopher Lambert) to an abandoned prison and has them kill each other for a few million dollars.

Gunmen has Lambert's smuggler(?) and Mario Van Peebles's DEA agent team up to find a deceased drug lord's hidden cash pile. It's a fun, yet surprisingly grim, buddy comedy.
Oh ok, thanks Mac, i may pick that up. For some reason i thought they were the same film and i never liked Gunmen.
Old 31st October 2015, 10:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Oh ok, thanks Mac, i may pick that up. For some reason i thought they were the same film and i never liked Gunmen.
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but over on the forums at Blu-Ray.com, there has been complaints that Mean Guns has been cropped from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1.
Old 31st October 2015, 10:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I'm not sure if this is true or not, but over on the forums at Blu-Ray.com, there has been complaints that Mean Guns has been cropped from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1.
What's this? People on Blu-ray.com complaining? Surely you jest?
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 31st October 2015, 10:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What's this? People on Blu-ray.com complaining? Surely you jest?
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the antics of those on the Blu-Ray.com forums.

In any case, the way the Mean Guns forum page falls into lunacy is hysterical.

But, seriously, does anybody know what the story is with 101 Films' BD? If it's 2.35:1 I'll get it. Otherwise, I'll save my money.

Like this? Share it using the links below!