Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It follows

This puts into perspective of whats right with films and whats wrong with films that i complain about in the film industry.

Its one of those films that come alomg and surprises you, everything is spot on its atmospheric, eerie, very well made and acted.
The music score plays along well like it use to do in old fashioned horrors like omen or Halloween, the film isnt predictable and you not really sure where its going or whats going to happen next.
Its builds good tension and atmopshere and doesnt rely on much.
In theory there isnt much in the film very little going on, violence, gore, action, and it proves that if films are done right even the slowest of films can prove to be gripping and affective.
Its more films like this we need in the film industry and not what ive been harping an about. Its doesnt rely on cgi, violence, gore, big budget, or well known actors like most films do these days
Gore and violence is good there plenty of gory and violent films that are fantastic but there a difference between a film thats gory and violent than a film that offer nothing but gore and violence just for the sheer hell of it.
Its fresh its different and wouldnt be out of place as a j horror and good to see that we can get a film as good as a j horror without being a j horror remake and getting it wrong
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Wolf of Wall Street;

Best non-horror movie I've seen in a long time. Leonardo DiCaprio was friggin' awesome. The performance of his career so far. Nice to see 'Shane' from The Walking Dead give a great performance also. Top movie from the legendary Martin Scorsese.
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I hated The Wolf Of Wall Street. Vulgar, overlong and nobody to root for. I also found it really repetitive. I know that's at odds with the general consensus, but hey-ho. I also thought DiCaprio was just being DiCaprio, he's been better, I thought he was better in The Departed to be honest. My missus and brother-in-law loved it, perhaps I was just in a bad mood. I have no pressing need to revisit it though.
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

We watched it the other night, first time since the cinema and I still love it.
As for shIT FOLLOWS, as I've said on numerous occasions, that and the Babasfook were tied as the worst films I saw last year, and bear in mind I watched 50 Shades of Grey last year too!
trebor8273 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd January 2016, 03:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I really liked The Babadook, thought It Follows was pretty ordinary, nothing I hadn't seen before.

I saw 50 Shades in the cinema, nowhere near as bad as I feared. Not great, but I've seen worse.
Old 3rd January 2016, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think me and my other half are the only people who hated the Babadook
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd January 2016, 04:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I really liked The Babadook, thought It Follows was pretty ordinary, nothing I hadn't seen before.

I saw 50 Shades in the cinema, nowhere near as bad as I feared. Not great, but I've seen worse.
Babadook i thought was huge dissapontment and let down.
It started of ok then went down hill faster than the cheese in the cheese hill rolling fest.
50 shades of grey tut tut tut im surprised ppl have even contemplating in watching it let alone admitting to it.
I avoided that quicker than avoiding the plague. Less than half a point of a point interested me. One film ill never watch no matter what

Oh ps it follows they are thinking of a sequel but if they make one who knows.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 3rd January 2016, 04:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Being married, I couldn't really avoid 50 Shades, I've dragged my missus to see plenty of films she has little interest in (including The Babadook and It Follows) it's was only fair I reciprocated. There were quite a few blokes there, all giving each other knowing looks. As it turned out, it was nowhere near as bad as I feared. I'd never watch it again out of choice, but I've seen much, much worse.
Old 3rd January 2016, 04:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Christmas Horror Marathon #27

Stripped to Kill (1987)

A policewoman's poses as a stripper in a an attempt to catch a killer who is praying on the dancers at an L.A. strip club.

I never thought i'd say this, but it is possible to become bored out of your mind watching women strip. This was one tedious film. One dance routine after another, all well choreographed but not sexy in the slightest. The kills were nicely done though. Although it doesn't sound anything too wonderful the first murder with the girl being pushed off the bridge made my stomach turn. It was all so casual but the sound as she hit the ground was extremely effective.

Unfortunately the murders were few and far between and any possible tension was always broken up very quickly by another mind numbing dance. The film did have a twist ending but by that stage i really didn't care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stripped_to_kill_poster.jpg (58.2 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!