Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179043Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2016, 10:05 PM
Cult Addict

I'm genuinely astonished (and glad) i'm not the only person who liked both Matrix sequels.
Vipp likes this.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

SHARKNADO 3

F#ck! Utterly bonkers and extremely likable third entry in the series which is cameo heavy...Bo Derek, The Hof, The Hulk, Jackie Collins, George RR Martin, Chris Jericho and er, Jedward to name a few. How could anyone not like a pregnant Tara Reid being swallowed whole by a shark on the space shuttle, giving birth inside the shark as it re-enters the atmosphere only to chainsaw her way out using her robotic, utility arm as the shark lands back on earth!
Old 15th February 2016, 11:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
SHARKNADO 3

F#ck! Utterly bonkers and extremely likable third entry in the series which is cameo heavy...Bo Derek, The Hof, The Hulk, Jackie Collins, George RR Martin, Chris Jericho and er, Jedward to name a few. How could anyone not like a pregnant Tara Reid being swallowed whole by a shark on the space shuttle, giving birth inside the shark as it re-enters the atmosphere only to chainsaw her way out using her robotic, utility arm as the shark lands back on earth!
Do you need to have seen the first 2 to enjoy it?
Old 15th February 2016, 11:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Do you need to have seen the first 2 to enjoy it?
There is some character and minor story line carry over but it works as a stand alone film as long as you buy into the stupidity of it all from the start.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There is some character and minor story line carry over but it works as a stand alone film as long as you buy into the stupidity of it all from the start.
Are the first 2 films any good?

In a daft sense of course.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Are the first 2 films any good?

In a daft sense of course.
I really like them, they are fast, sometimes funny, self aware but not in a pretentious way, dumb as f#ck, time wasters!
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I really like them, they are fast, sometimes funny, self aware but not in a pretentious way, dumb as f#ck, time wasters!
Sounds good to me.
Old 16th February 2016, 08:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Two more Euro-delights...

Psychout for a Murder (Salvare la faccia) (1969)

Beatrice Cenci's's Adrienne Larussa stars in this sexually-charged, political psyche thriller as a woman bent on revenge against her own family, them having locked her away in an asylum to avoid a scandal involving her being caught in a brothel during a police raid.

A little light on the thrills and violence and full of jaded, wealthy aristocrats the film does occasionally become bogged down in its own decadence. However, Larussa is solid throughout and there are a few inventive flourishes here and there - notably a set-piece involving a gun wired to a door handle - making it worthy of checking out.

63/100

Tango of Perversion (Tango 2001) (1973)

Odd Greek giallo by the way of exploitation (and admittedly my first Greek giallo) revolving around an easily manipulated impotent man who hires his villa out to people looking to have a good time, but then secretly films them having sex through a two-way mirror. Things get even more complicated one day when a couple gets a bit rough and one of the parties winds up dead.

Whether intentional or not, the stereotypical '70s vibe is very much alive and screaming at you in Tango of Perversion from the decor, the seedy nightclubs and the fashion sense (or lack of it). There is also a hell of a lot of slapping - but that might just be a Greek thing. Recommended.

64/100
Old 16th February 2016, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

Tango of Perversion (Tango 2001) (1973)

Odd Greek giallo by the way of exploitation (and admittedly my first Greek giallo) revolving around an easily manipulated impotent man who hires his villa out to people looking to have a good time, but then secretly films them having sex through a two-way mirror. Things get even more complicated one day when a couple gets a bit rough and one of the parties winds up dead.

Whether intentional or not, the stereotypical '70s vibe is very much alive and screaming at you in Tango of Perversion from the decor, the seedy nightclubs and the fashion sense (or lack of it). There is also a hell of a lot of slapping - but that might just be a Greek thing. Recommended.

64/100
Is this the Mondo Macabro release you watched?

64/100 - suddenly i'm not as enthusiastic about purchasing it now.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 16th February 2016, 10:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Is this the Mondo Macabro release you watched?

64/100 - suddenly i'm not as enthusiastic about purchasing it now.
It's still a decent score! I be a harsh rater too after all...

No, not the MM release but I will certainly be picking it up in the hopefully not-too distant future as it was certainly an interesting watch.

Like this? Share it using the links below!