Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2016, 05:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Blood: The Last Vampire (2000)

*** out of *****

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

**** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 13th August 2016, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Suicide squad

Just got back from watching it and I must of been watching a different film than everyone else because I actually enjoyed it, granted it had plot holes you could f!y a star destroyer through and you could see were stuff had been cut from the film and half of task force X members are boring and forgettable, but Harley Quinn and deadshot ( smiths best role for sometime) were great, LetosJoker was fantastic truly unhinged and unsettling shame he is only in it about 15 minutes. The villains were very interesting even if they didn't have enough back story or screen time, but the baddest of the bad and the person who had the biggest set of balls in the room was Amanda Waller who does what has to be done to keep the world safe even if that means killing a room full of innocent people. Was great to see a cameo from affleck and really interested in his solo batman film. Is a classic? No is it better than the best marvels? No. But far from awful and a hell of a lot better than batman vs superman. Also the soundtrack is fantastic. A definite step in the right direction for DC 7.3/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 13th August 2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 13th August 2016, 07:10 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Suicide squad

Just got back from watching it and I must of been watching a different film than everyone else because I actually enjoyed it, granted it had plot holes you could f!y a star destroyer through and you could see were stuff had been cut from the film and half of task force X members are boring and forgettable, but Harley Quinn and deadshot ( smiths best role for sometime) were great, LetosJoker was fantastic truly unhinged and unsettling shame he is only in it about 15 minutes. The villains were very interesting even if they didn't have enough back story or screen time, but the baddest of the bad and the person who had the biggest set of balls in the room was Amanda Waller who does what has to be done to keep the world safe even if that means killing a room full of innocent people. Was great to see a cameo from affleck and really interesting in his solo batman film. Is a classic? No is it better than the best marvels? No. But far from awful and a hell of a lot better than batman vs superman. Also the soundtrack is fantastic. A definite step in the right direction for DC 7.3/10
couldn't agree more
keirarts, trebor8273 and DaveH like this.
Old 13th August 2016, 07:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Suicide squad

Just got back from watching it and I must of been watching a different film than everyone else because I actually enjoyed it, granted it had plot holes you could f!y a star destroyer through and you could see were stuff had been cut from the film and half of task force X members are boring and forgettable, but Harley Quinn and deadshot ( smiths best role for sometime) were great, LetosJoker was fantastic truly unhinged and unsettling shame he is only in it about 15 minutes. The villains were very interesting even if they didn't have enough back story or screen time, but the baddest of the bad and the person who had the biggest set of balls in the room was Amanda Waller who does what has to be done to keep the world safe even if that means killing a room full of innocent people. Was great to see a cameo from affleck and really interesting in his solo batman film. Is a classic? No is it better than the best marvels? No. But far from awful and a hell of a lot better than batman vs superman. Also the soundtrack is fantastic. A definite step in the right direction for DC 7.3/10
Nice one. I said you would like it.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th August 2016, 10:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE CRIMSON GHOST (1946)

The Crimson Ghost sets out to use Cyclotrode X, an atomic ray that can stop and destroy electronic devices.....

Every episode of this serial is a real joy. Action all the way with gunfights, car chases, non stop fist fights and chairs smashed over peoples heads.
Awesome !

Old 13th August 2016, 10:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Eddie the Eagle (2016)

The true life tale of British ski jumper Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards and his quest to jump at the 1988 winter Olympics in Calgary.

Taron Egerton seemed, from distant memory, to portray Eddie in a realistic performance even if his looks are a little out but that's to be expected. Although the events in the film are fictionalized from true life it's still faithful in many respects with only the places different. For a small British film it boasts a fine cast. Hugh Jackman is excellent as a washed up former jumper who trains Eddie (His night time ski jump whilst smoking is pure rock n' roll) and there's a charming cameo from Christopher Walken as Jackman's former coach.

I really liked this delightful biopic. Enjoyable from start to finish and whilst not particularly laugh out loud funny i watched it all the way through with a smile on my face.

If you liked the brilliant but slightly sillier Cool Runnings then you'll definitely enjoy this.

Old 14th August 2016, 10:17 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Eddie the Eagle (2016)

The true life tale of British ski jumper Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards and his quest to jump at the 1988 winter Olympics in Calgary.

Taron Egerton seemed, from distant memory, to portray Eddie in a realistic performance even if his looks are a little out but that's to be expected. Although the events in the film are fictionalized from true life it's still faithful in many respects with only the places different. For a small British film it boasts a fine cast. Hugh Jackman is excellent as a washed up former jumper who trains Eddie (His night time ski jump whilst smoking is pure rock n' roll) and there's a charming cameo from Christopher Walken as Jackman's former coach.

I really liked this delightful biopic. Enjoyable from start to finish and whilst not particularly laugh out loud funny i watched it all the way through with a smile on my face.

If you liked the brilliant but slightly sillier Cool Runnings then you'll definitely enjoy this.
I watched this a few days ago and felt exactly the same as you. It's a typically British 'feelgood' film with some wonderful moments, a fine central performance from Taron Egerton and, along with the actors you mentioned, memorable support from Tim McInnerny, Mark Benton and Jim Broadbent (the first two who splendidly portray the members of the BOA who desperately want to keep Edwards from embarrassing the country and Olympic contingent). Dexter Fletcher has proven himself to be quite adept at directing (Wild Bill, Sunshine on Leith and now this) as well as an accomplished actor.

I don't know whether Eddie the Eagle stands up to repeated viewings, but I know my parents have seen it twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.
Old 14th August 2016, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

007 Spectre

another great Bond form Craig, fast paced with some great set pieces. a film that blends both old and new bond together, only downside i should of watched the other Craig movies before hand as knowledge from them is needed to follow the story fully. 8/10

The Dead Next Door

the story for what it is after on zombie outbreak a group of survivors set out to find a cure from the work of a scientist responsible for the outbreak and end up tangling with a cult and its insane leader. but its really just an excuse to get from one graphic gore scene to another, influenced heavily by Day of the Dead and we can see the film makers have great love of the horror genre with characters named King,Carpenter, savini, romero etc. 6.6/10

Now watching Critters which, i've not seen for about 10 years, after that microwave massacre which i have never seen before
Old 14th August 2016, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Critters

A group of creatures escape from a prison on asteroid in the far reaches of space. The ship they stole crash lands on earth and they begin to terriose and feed on the population of small hick town, luckly for the townsfolk a duo of space bounty hunters have been sent to kill them. Fast paced with likeable characters. Not hard to see it was heavily influnched by the superior gremlins. 6.9/10

Tried watching microwave massacre but gave up after 15 minutes some oif the worst acting I have ever seen espiaclly from the lead, not funny in the slightest and plays out like some awful 70s sitcom

So have decided to watch tower of evil instead
Old 14th August 2016, 08:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Thing (1982)

****1/2 out of *****

The Thing (2011)

**1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Like this? Share it using the links below!