Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2017, 06:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

While not quite as good as tales from the crypt, still highly enjoyable and the only film to see terry Thomas is in women's pantys. 8.5/10
gag, Gold6082, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 8th January 2017, 08:30 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

THE STABILIZER

Non stop shit blowing up action in this Indonesian action flick that never lets up from the opening moments to the end. Sure it is rough around the edges and the hero looks like Queeen's Brian May birthed by Sly Stallone but it certainly gives western films from the same time a run for their money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8BXPchaz9AufgRXd9GSb3Da6O8o.jpg (94.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th January 2017, 08:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Friday the 13th Part III (1982)

*** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 8th January 2017, 10:57 PM
Cultist

Hello all, I haven't been on in some time (according to my profile my last visit was 16th May 2015).

Panic (1982)

A biological accident in a lab, turns a scientist into a hideously deformed, blood thirsty monster. The shambling, snarling monster takes to the streets and begins attacking anyone unfortunate enough to cross it's path. Thankfully a police detective, Captain Kirk (Warbeck), and scientist, Jane Blake (Janet Agren) are on hand to hunt the monster down. Warbeck and Agren work well together, which might explain how they were reunited 6 years later for the ultra trashy, Ratman.
A quick look at the IMDB page shows that I enjoyed this film more than most. But i'd chalk that up to Warbeck's rugged action man image, making the film more watchable that it might've been otherwise.
Old 8th January 2017, 10:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4th Fella View Post
Hello all, I haven't been on in some time (according to my profile my last visit was 16th May 2015).
Welcome back, sir.

Nice write up of a film i don't know.
The 4th Fella likes this.
Old 8th January 2017, 11:04 PM
Cultist

Thanks for the welcome (back).
Old 8th January 2017, 11:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome (back).
Is that film available on dvd? It sounds quite promising.
Old 8th January 2017, 11:22 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is that film available on dvd? It sounds quite promising.
There is a DVD by 'Synergy Archive Service', but the quality doesn't look promising from the reviews. It is, however, currently on youtube...
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 8th January 2017, 11:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There is a DVD by 'Synergy Archive Service', but the quality doesn't look promising from the reviews. It is, however, currently on youtube...
Cheers. I'll have a look out for that.
Old 9th January 2017, 06:05 PM
Cult Addict

Tale of tales

From the director of Gommorah comes this fantasy tale based on a series of 16th century Italian fairy tales. There are several stories woven together including one about a barren queen who devours the heart of a sea monster in order to become pregnant, a king who raises a giant flea, another monarch who becomes entranced by the beautiful singing voice of a crone.
The stories interweave and various characters appear in other stories. Being an adaptation of Fairy tales the stories take some very dark turns and the films not afraid to depict the sex & violence when needed. Its a visually stunning film that really needs to be seen in HD to do it justice. There are some terrific performances here as well including Tobey Jones, salma hayeck and Vincent Cassell. I can't guarantee everyone will like it as it comes across as hybrid of films like Company of wolves and the films of Guillermo DCel Toro. For me it was one of the best of 2016

The Autopsy of Jane Doe

A father & son team of morticians are kept up late by the Local sherrif who has brought in the mysterious corpse of an unidentified woman and wants an Autopsy ASAP. Working overnight through a storm they begin to discover weird discrepancies with the body and the further the examination goes the stranger things become. They find strange occult symbols on parchment in the girls stomach and underneath her skin. Then the lights go out.
This ones a terrific low budgeter with Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch as the father son team. Its very well realised given a large amount of screen time is devoted to two characters and the tension is ratcheted up almost perfectly. This ones from the director of Troll Hunter and comes highly recommended.

Like this? Share it using the links below!