All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2017, 11:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Yeah, he seems a genuine fan in love with the product he is selling.
True
Have ye read Wonderland Ave?

Demonoid (1981, Al Zacharias)
Samantha Eggar's heid must still have been twatted fae The Brood when she signed up for this bizarre hotch potch of evil Mexican deities & marital problems.
Watched on vhs
Atrocious looking tis
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2017, 11:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Watched two Billy Wilder films recently, Witness for The Prosecution which was absolutely amazing, probably my favourite Wilder film now after Sunset Boulevard and Ace in The Hole which was also pretty good.

Witness in particular has a stunning finale that makes Shyamalan look like an amateur. Great performances by Charles Laughton and Marlene Dietrich in particular and a very very sharp, funny and witty script which keeps you hooked throughout.

Never seen a Wilder film I would give anything below a 8/10, he is that good in my eyes.

Also watched an interesting doc on the Soviet Hockey Team during the 70/80's called The Red Army which I very much enjoyed.
Old 1st April 2017, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The first hour was incomprehensible bollocks. Action packed but i found myself flicking salted peanuts to the dog to pass the time.

The second half improved, but it couldn't have gotten any worse. It was almost redeemed by a thrilling vehicle chase around the Strip in Vegas. But almost isn't good enough i'm afraid.
I will wait for it to be on TV then or supermarket cheapie.
Old 1st April 2017, 11:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I will wait for it to be on TV then or supermarket cheapie.
It was a supermarket cheapie - a fiver i think.

Greengrass' direction is just OTT shaky cam, no better than 100 direct to dvd and filmed on a mobile phone, horrors.

I'm not even sure there was a story to it aside from the usual send a hitman after Bourne scenarios.
Old 1st April 2017, 11:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Hanger

Not that bad...pretty puerile though. Soundtrack was ok and there's a clear Basket Case influence.
Ok it's not the laugh riot that tis Maskhead
But it still a funny film

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2017, 11:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Jason Bourne (2016)

Fookin' hell this was shit!
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
Old 2nd April 2017, 01:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The first hour was incomprehensible bollocks. Action packed but i found myself flicking salted peanuts to the dog to pass the time.

The second half improved, but it couldn't have gotten any worse. It was almost redeemed by a thrilling vehicle chase around the Strip in Vegas. But almost isn't good enough i'm afraid.
There was loads of complaints about this , how the camera was constantly shaky and blurry eg when looking at phone etc or some paper where you had to read what it said it you struggled to see it, but main complaint was it was to zoomed into the action you couldn't really see the action especially the fight scene at the end, if it doesn't make sense then it would if you seen the film
Old 2nd April 2017, 06:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ok it's not the laugh riot that tis Maskhead
But it still a funny film
Maskhead any good? I don't why I waste my money on this crap....I only ever watch these kind of movies once...Hunters was another one...pretty boring once you've got the stomach for such fare...I'm sure I'll continue adding to th collection though
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd April 2017, 07:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Jimi: All Is by My Side (2013)

*** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:28 AM
Cult Addict

So last night i watched star trek beyond.
for a film that was released around the time of the star trek 50th you would expect something better than this.
the plot is basically the enterprise gets wrecked and every one gets marooned on a planet. the bad guy wants to get revenge on the federation for leaving him and his crew. so it's about them trying to stop this guy from destroying a space station. the only thing that kept me going through this crap was karl urban bones - the best character in the reboot if i'm honest.
the plot is what really ruins it. for me they could've continued from into darkness in the sense that the villains could have been the klingon empire. but sadly no. i seen this at the cinema weekend of release with a friend and we made a better story on the journey back home.

Like this? Share it using the links below!