Old 3rd April 2017, 04:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Personally, i prefer The Collection.

Me too, both good films but the Collection just beats it IMO
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:22 PM
Cult Addict

Stake Land II

So so follow up that continues the story of Martin and Mister ten years after the events of the first film. Sadly the makers of this are more interested in impressive shots of the barren landscape to concentrate on the shifting personalities of Martin and Mister as Mister softens and Martin becomes a cold killing machine. Had this been longer with more character study it would have been a worthy follow up.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Stake Land II

So so follow up that continues the story of Martin and Mister ten years after the events of the first film. Sadly the makers of this are more interested in impressive shots of the barren landscape to concentrate on the shifting personalities of Martin and Mister as Mister softens and Martin becomes a cold killing machine. Had this been longer with more character study it would have been a worthy follow up.

I watched the first one last week for the second time, great film
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I watched the first one last week for the second time, great film
Yeah, I love the first one but didn't warm to this one, it feels like a lot is missing to keep the pace up at the expense of exploring the shift in the main relationship between Mister and Martin, that relationship being why the first one is so good.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Stake Land II

Worth seven squid Mr Slowly?
Old 3rd April 2017, 07:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Worth seven squid Mr Slowly?
I would wait for it to drop in price. I don't think I will be watching it again but I have watched the first one three times so far.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
What's up with weird punctuation, D? Its like I'm reading a dyslexic haiku.
It's a small sample of the way I actually talk
Seriously
I declaim more than I converse.

keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I would wait for it to drop in price. I don't think I will be watching it again but I have watched the first one three times so far.
Awww. Shame on them then. The first was a pleasant surprise. Like a Bergman with teeth

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th April 2017, 02:35 PM
Cult Addict

watched last night:
Slaughter High
Great slasher/revenge flick, set in USA, but it's such a shame that they can't keep their british accents hidden, boobs and dongs are always a positive for me and some really creative kills. I love marty as a killer. the ending is a little dumb but it was 3 directors so ?

V/H/S 2
so found footage tends to be a hit or miss. and with this it's both. the 1st 2 stories (Phase 1 Clinical Trials and A Ride in the Park) are ok, but seem to be more of a miss which is disappointing because i do like Adam Wingard. however the latter 2 (Safe Haven and Slumber Party Alien Abduction) are amazing - safe haven being the better of the 2 especially considering it's directed by Gareth Huw Evans and i love the raid. the narrative is fine, it's just filler so worth checking.

Today:
Matinee
I recorded this on Boxing Day on Horror Channel and i just got round to watching it now. i love this fiilm, thought it was a nice little homage with a great sense of humour and john goodman was great being a certain appendage to the audience. i want to watch that movie Mant.

Last edited by bleakshaun; 4th April 2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 4th April 2017, 02:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Just thirteen months after buying the Blu Ray I finally got around to watching *Burial Ground* last night.

Oh Em Gee.

It pretty much has no discernible plot. Starts out with this old guy exclaiming that he's the only one who knows "the secret". Then cuts to him walking down a dark passageway past stone murals, then he's hammering the wall in the passageway and these zombies creep up behind him and attack him. Then there's a group of folk (including a weird incestuous boy?) arrive at this big house to visit "the professor" who we much later find out is the old guy from above. Then, almost as soon as they arrive zombies start attacking and killing them. There's no back story or reason why there are zombies. There's no explanation why the group are there to visit the professor. Or anything. Doesn't even tell you what "the secret" is. Indeed, "the secret" is never mentioned again after the opening scene.

The zombies obviously have the capacity for abstract thought, as demonstrated by their use of tools and weapons, and also climbing skills to get into the building after the folk.

I wasn't too fussed with it, and preferred last week's *Zombie Lake*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MuckyFunster; 4th April 2017 at 04:04 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!