All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2017, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Not hard to see why this gets such bad press, it badly written, directed and the acting on the whole is terrible and let's not forget the worst looking Frankenstein monster and a Dracula that looks like Jerry Seinfeld in poundland Dracula outfit. It also rips off the score from the classic universal monster movies, but its like a horrific accident that you can't help but look at. 4.5/10
You have my sympathy that you watched this film it's a insult to universal.
Old 28th May 2017, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Outland 1981

On a space mining station I O new Marshall William O Neil is starting his tour of duty. He uncovers a drug smuggling conspiracy and receives no help and makes himself a marked man for assassination.

What a great movie, everything is very realistic just space and man. Sean Connery and Peter Boyle good guy bad guy acting is well played out. Nice to see it released on blu-ray. 10 out of 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Outland_onesheet-4-500x393.jpg (44.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 28th May 2017, 09:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Despite its age its still has the ability to scare, thanks to the direction , a likable bunch of victims and of course Robert Englund as Freddy. Often imitated but never bettered. A true horror classic that gave birth to a horror icon. 10/10

Next up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHUD_quad_UK-1-500x376.jpg (80.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 28th May 2017, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:

Not hard to see why this gets such bad press, it badly written, directed and the acting on the whole is terrible and let's not forget the worst looking Frankenstein monster and a Dracula that looks like Jerry Seinfeld in poundland Dracula outfit. It also rips off the score from the classic universal monster movies, but its like a horrific accident that you can't help but look at. 4.5/10

I couldn't even make it through the whole trailer haha!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th May 2017, 11:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

Well, I don't care what they say Treb, you have gone up in my estimation after buying this...don't worry Al I still luvs yah...
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Old 29th May 2017, 12:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tales From The Hood (1995)

Really cool EC Comic style anthology, better than the more acclaimed and well-known Creepshow in my book. Has very sharp political and social commentary that is still relevant today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOO-A59c4C0

8/10.

Last edited by Buboven; 29th May 2017 at 01:14 AM.
Old 29th May 2017, 02:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sanatorium 2013

A team of TV stars Ghost Trackers visit Hilcrest Sanatorium for their 100th episode after hearing about its dark history.

This is like a remake of Ghost Encounters but without the fake psychic. This can be a hit or a miss with some as it is a found footage movie but jump bits can be unexpected. 6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sanatorium-219x300.jpg (13.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 29th May 2017, 08:05 AM
Active Cultist

Secrets of a Psychopath, 2015. 4/10

This movie had ****ed up shit in it but never brought to it's full potential. The director came back after a 25 year or so hiatus you could say..He did Food of the Gods! ....one of my favorite flicks from the 70's

Quote:
The new film from cult director Bert I. Gordon - The Amazing Colossal Man, Earth vs the Spider, Empire of the Ants, and The Food of the Gods.
Dig Two Graves, 2014. 6/10

Blackcoat's Daughter, 2015. 8/10

Raw, 2016. 8/10

Arrival, 2016. 6/10

Kill Bill Vol. 1, 2003. 6,5/10

Phantasmagoria, 2017. 10/10

Sweet, Sweet Lonely Girl, 2016. 6,5/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, 2003. 8/10

Scream, 1996. 9/10

Martin, 1978. 10/10

Night of the Living Dead, 1968. 10/10

Romero is god...
Old 29th May 2017, 10:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Nekromantik 2

Fun sequel that answers the age old question of what is best...spit or swallow.

It's funny because it's true.

Ahem!! Volte face time.......

Watched T2 at mate's behest.
Better than Trainspotting imho.
Whilst I still have quibbles with it, I have no love for the original film (the book yes) as it is way "too clean" anyhow

Plus any film that has Fat White Family on the ST cannot be shite imho.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th May 2017, 02:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Give Us Tomorrow (1978)

Masked intruders take the family of a bank manager hostage in order to rob his bank.

These sort of home invasion / hostage films were nothing new at the time. Think Hammer's Cash on Demand (1961) but lacking any sort of tension or The Last House on the Beach (1978) and all manner of David Hess oddities for examples with better exploitation. Give us Tomorrow is okay but it's all done in a terribly British non-threatening way.

The films only scenes which might prove controversial involved the sexual awakening of the kidnapped family's daughter. She's seen nude in a couple of scenes, most notably a drawn out sex scene which is completely consensual and not remotely threatening and that's about it bar a lot of shouting. The cast including mother Sylvia Syms and bossy kidnapper Derren Nesbitt are all fine but it's Donna Evans as the daughter who stole the film, leading the kidnappers on and eventually driving the apart. Interestingly Evans is no longer an actress, she only has 11 credits to her name, but now works as a stunt woman, last seen in The Fate of the Furious among 166 other movies.

Give us Tomorrow certainly isn't must see viewing, but it's odd soap opera feel mixed with exploitation gives it a quirky charm and although i'd only class it as a two star film, it's definitely cult and i'm delighted to have it in my British film collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10570074.jpg (75.2 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!