Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2017, 01:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Even The Devil's Backbone? I personally think that's his best film.
Enjoyed watching it when a friend showed it to me back in dvd days. But never wanted to pick up a copy for myself. Perhaps I should give it another viewing?
Old 13th June 2017, 01:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Enjoyed watching it when a friend showed it to me back in dvd days. But never wanted to pick up a copy for myself. Perhaps I should give it another viewing?
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th June 2017, 01:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Its something which genuinely does frustrate me Nostalgic. When i was younger watching films was pretty much all i did. It was a nice safe world to retreat to away from the less than favourable reality. Being able to watch what i want when i want is something i miss dearly. I wouldn't change marriage and kids for anything but i do often wish the missus could appreciate how much it means to me.
It's a juggling act, I feel like I don't see my son enough as it is (wife & I both work full time to pay for full time childcare), so we're at work approx 8am-6pm each while son's daycare starts at 7.30, family help with picking him up but we only really get one day all together on weekends, and I am attempting to get healthy so doing the gym after work! So yeah, same here, when I was younger I did the same, just watched films as reality was pretty grim. Marriage & kids are by far better! Lol! Just watching stuff at a snail's pace, so no tv shows that everyone's on about, just movies when i can fit them in.

Hoping to watch Bloodstained Shadow by the end of the week!
Old 13th June 2017, 05:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post

btw Is a great shame that the franchise is apparently being rebooted instead of Hellboy III getting the green light.
No Pearlman, no Hellboy, he is and always shall be Hellboy.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 13th June 2017, 05:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
No Pearlman, no Hellboy, he is and always shall be Hellboy.
Except when he's Clay Morrow.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 13th June 2017, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Devils 1971

17th century France Father Grandier protects the city of Loudon but is accused of witchcraft.

The 70s was a decade of shocking movies, we have British director Ken Russell and a great actor of his time hellraiser Oliver Reed combined together for this masterpiece. *SPOILER ALERT*

Upon its release it was meet with controversy dealing with a war between Protestants and Catholics on who should be the ruling the land.

There is nun exploitation, with fornication with a statue of Jesus Christ, nudity and voyeurism, medieval exorcism and witchcraft torture and a man of the cloth having sex with nearly every women (not on screen).

With the movie as it's portrayed it offended a lot of people from a religious point. As the film was described as factual and based on real people.

This is a extraordinary brilliant maybe disturbing movie and still remembered after 40 years after its release and finally released as uncut. 10 out of 10.
Old 13th June 2017, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Its the usual annoying teens in a cabin film but replace inbred hillbillies, ice hockey mask wearing maniac or zombies with alien's. Enjoyable enough though wasn't keen on the alien ship bit, also the "survivors" had to be in the top 10% of morons, running towards a black ops, UFO clean up team and was the leader guy supposed to be cancer man? 6.3/10

Now watching
Old 13th June 2017, 09:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Full Metal Jacket (1987)

****1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Attempting to watch a blade in the dark for about the 4th time this month. It's a great film & I love it, but every time I've put it on previously, eithrr chores, family or me being knackered & unable to concentrate (so have gone to bed) have stopped me, now I think I'll last the whole film as have day off!

Just curious, people on here seem to watch a phenomenal number of films (not since college/being single have I managed to marathon a tv show or watch more than two films a week if I'm lucky), I was just wondering how any members with family/full time job/lots of bills manages to do it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I'm lucky if I watch two films per week, even luckier if one of those films is my choice. I do get the odd weekend when the missus and kids visit the in-laws, when that happens I make like a bandit and will maybe watch half a dozen. I do get to marathon TV shows, luckily my other half isn't in to soaps or reality TV, we've got quite similar tastes as far as TV is concerned.

I don't buy any less though, I think Part of me still thinks that I'll eventually get around to watching them all, despite the fact that it's probably mathematically impossible.
Old 13th June 2017, 09:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some time since I've seen this and forgotten just how brilliant it is, a superhero/revenge movie with Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) coming back from the dead a year to the day to avenge the murders of him and his girlfriend. Great action scenes and the city has a nice Gothic feeling to it. Of course the real star of the film was the tragic Brandon Lee who gave a fantastic performance. Will be come a regular Halloween viewing. 10/10

Next up the annoying blond little twat !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house-by-the-cemetery-feature.jpg (95.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 13th June 2017 at 09:35 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!