All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179618Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2017, 03:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I remember being bored sensless by it. Its certainly better than 50 shades which was genuinely unwatchable.
Ooooh mate's got both. I'm up for that. Hey, I watched Never Go Back didn't I?
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th June 2017, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Really can't see why this seems to have gotten so much praise from critics its OK at best. I didnt get a classic 80s horror vibe from it, the critics must of been watching a different film than me, comes of as a cross between jumanji and a found footage movies as it involves one of those VHS boardgames from the 80s. But what could of been a good film comes off as boring with not a lot going on, it also felt more like 2 hours than 80 minutes 4.5/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 14th June 2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 14th June 2017, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Mountain Poets (2016, Jamie Adams)

Alice Lowe and Dolly Wells play a pair of chancers who inveigle their way into a poetry retreat in Wales.
Sounds quite heart stopping as a premise doesn't it?
But I'd watch Lowe read a till receipt .... cough.
Very British film.
Looking forward to Prevenge.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th June 2017, 08:59 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
I remember being bored sensless by it. Its certainly better than 50 shades which was genuinely unwatchable.
I watched 50 Shades the other week. Not since I binged on circumcision videos has my cock retracted so far into my body due to the films lack of erotic charge or anything else for that matter.
Old 14th June 2017, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I watched 50 Shades the other week. Not since I binged on circumcision videos has my cock retracted so far into my body due to the films lack of erotic charge or anything else for that matter.
Last films that did that was a Korean thing called The Butcher and/or Subconscious Cruelty

[B]
Old 14th June 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

LUCY

Shit blowing up reworking of Altered States in reverse. Bonkers but utterly unengaging in its rush to cosmic wonder the shit out of the viewer with CGI madness.
Old 14th June 2017, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

xXx (2002)

Extreme sports yob Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) is recruited by Samuel L Jackson and the NSA to go undercover in Prague and locate a terrorist cell intent on releasing a nerve agent in Europe's major cities.

Think later Fast and Furious films mixed with 007 and a Rammstein fueled soundtrack with Asia Argento tagging along for the ride.

Quite f**king obviously, shit blows up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xXx (2002).jpg (66.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 15th June 2017, 09:04 AM
Cult Addict

The Belko Experiment

American contractors working in south America discover themselves shut in their office by unknow agencies and asked to participate in a game of death. Its pretty much kill or be killed as every staff member has an explosive in their head and is under constant surveilance.
Belko experiment is somewhat unoriginal, it contains plot elements from numerous other films and doesn't really add anything new to the mix. So its a social experiment, to determine what? As one would expect some employees rebel and either refuse to participate or seek a way out. Others turn into bloodthirty psychopaths pretty quickly.
While it can be argued that its fairly generic stuff, its not necessarily enough to call it a bad film. Its got some great actors in it including Michael rooker and john C mcginley. Its well paced and shot and looks great and the violence is spectacularly brutal. In terms of entertainment then its one thats probably worth checking out.

Officer Downe

In some kind of near future dystopian L.A, where super freaks and the occult seem to be a regular part of street crime, the Citys only line of defence is officer downe, a seemingly immortal cop with a Judge Dredd approach to tackling crime.
The film is unfortunately a little too flawed to be considered a classic. The pacing is a little off, it feels a little flat and relies a little too much on choppy editing rather than actual direction and the humour is very hit & miss. I'm also beginning to find the grindhouse schtick wearing a little thin. Its not entirely without merit. Its got some nice gore FX in places, a badly dubbed kung-fu villain and it works in places. Going in with lowered expectations may be wise however.
Old 15th June 2017, 09:07 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
[Officer Downe

In some kind of near future dystopian L.A, where super freaks and the occult seem to be a regular part of street crime, the Citys only line of defence is officer downe, a seemingly immortal cop with a Judge Dredd approach to tackling crime.
The film is unfortunately a little too flawed to be considered a classic. The pacing is a little off, it feels a little flat and relies a little too much on choppy editing rather than actual direction and the humour is very hit & miss. I'm also beginning to find the grindhouse schtick wearing a little thin. Its not entirely without merit. Its got some nice gore FX in places, a badly dubbed kung-fu villain and it works in places. Going in with lowered expectations may be wise however.
is officer downe the film done by Shawn Crahan from Slipknot?
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th June 2017, 09:08 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
is officer downe the film done by Shawn Crahan from Slipknot?
Didn't know that!
bleakshaun likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!