Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2017, 04:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Bye Bye Man (2016, Stacy Title)
Easily one of the more witless films I have watched this week. Whilst not as hysterically funny as The Visit, it's charmless and dull in extremis. The big reveal is a massive anti climax as a walking donner kebab is just not that scary.

The Belko Experiment (2016, Greg McLean)
This is more like it. Worst first day at work ever since Half Life
Recommended!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 19th June 2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 18th June 2017, 05:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post

Samantha is the reason for my lack of film watching at the moment because our relationship new , but itl die down and so will the post about us and I'll get back to posting what films I've seen soon ,
Have you ever thought about giving up social media and concentrating solely on your love life?
Old 18th June 2017, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A creature living in a mans butt seeks revenge on those that cause him stress, in gory and brutal fashion. While not as gross and sick as the cover blurb would make you believe its still a fun and gory little monster movie with a 80s vibe.7.5/10

Not much of story a group of police storm a tower block which is home to a criminal kingpin, the tables are soon turned and it become of fight for survival for those left alive and that's really it, as it just a means to get is from one brutal,bloody and bone crunching fight to another. Some truly amazing fight scenes. 8.5/10

Next up after I finish the last epiosde of season 2 of the man in the high castle, Caltiki the immortal monster.
Old 18th June 2017, 06:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I fancy seeing Bad Milo. Had it in my wishlist for a year.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:05 PM
Cult Addict

It's on the Horror channel tonight at 11 if u do freeview tv watching.
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Have you ever thought about giving up social media and concentrating solely on your love life?
Is this a polite way of trying to get rid of me . and If went who you lot going to bully then Eh! Eh!!

Shouldn't I be getting rid of her and concentrating on real love of my life films (shhhhhhhh)
I didn't really say that
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

A creature living in a mans butt seeks revenge on those that cause him stress, in gory and brutal fashion. While not as gross and sick as the cover blurb would make you believe its still a fun and gory little monster movie with a 80s vibe.7.5/10

Not much of story a group of police storm a tower block which is home to a criminal kingpin, the tables are soon turned and it become of fight for survival for those left alive and that's really it, as it just a means to get is from one brutal,bloody and bone crunching fight to another. Some truly amazing fight scenes. 8.5/10

Next up after I finish the last epiosde of season 2 of the man in the high castle, Caltiki the immortal monster.
Raid is a pure fantastic non stop adrenalin action and raid 2 was the last film I went to the cinema and watch .
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Raid is a pure fantastic non stop adrenalin action and raid 2 was the last film I went to the cinema and watch .
Going to watch it some time next week and probably headshot which is the same cast and crew.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Platoon 1986

A young recruit is sent to Vietnam and witnesses first hand of the war.

Oliver Stone's finest movie as he himself is a Vietnam Veteran, who witnessed the horror of war. The film shows the fear of death, compatriots dying and the guilt of killing. This isn't a anti war movie, it doesn't glorify war it shows us close hand what did and may happen. There are some scenes that can be shocking but also funny scenes of soldiers getting stoned. Charlie Sheen portrayal as Taylor. The rich kid who signs up and slowly turns as he is affected. Tom Berenger and Willem Dafoe give great performances. A big 10 for this movie.
Old 18th June 2017, 10:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My wife and I just watched Hardcore Henry and both really enjoyed ourselves. Whilst obviously a gimmick film, this first person viewpoint movie is a lot of fun with great stunts, really impeccable use of cgi and an absolutely killer soundtrack. Is hard to believe that Hardcore Henry was reportedly only made for 2 million dollars. Was great to see Sharlto Copley in another starring role (also loved him in District 9). btw This is the first film where my wife wanted to (and did) listen to the commentary track after viewing. Film score - solid 7 out of 10. Recommended viewing for fans of video games, sci-fi and action comedy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!