Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2017, 08:57 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quick heads up for people. There is an alternative version of the Poor Pretty Eddie on Talking Pictures under the title of Heartbreak Motel on at midnight.This has most of the rape and violence removed but has Shelly Winters in an anal sex scene instead!
Old 21st June 2017, 06:00 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Quick heads up for people. There is an alternative version of the Poor Pretty Eddie on Talking Pictures under the title of Heartbreak Motel on at midnight.This has most of the rape and violence removed but has Shelly Winters in an anal sex scene instead!
What a decision. You lose some but then gain something else!
Old 21st June 2017, 07:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

BODY PUZZLE
Latter day Giallo from Lamberto Bava makes its UK Blu ray debut courtesy of 88 Films' Italian Collection. The murders are suitably gruesome and performances are pretty good. Haven't seen this one since the VHS days and enjoyed it much more this time round.

WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH
Victoria Vetri takes the Raquel Welch role in this late 60s Hammer prehistoric adventure. The stop motion dinosaur effects are excellent and the whole thing is far more enjoyable than the following year's snorefest CREATURES THE WORLD FORGOT.
WB's Archive Collection Blu ray is the full uncut version and looks terrific - that final shot looks stunning!
Old 21st June 2017, 11:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Cure For Wellness (2016, Gore Verbinski)

And the moral is.....read more Kafka

Recommended!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st June 2017, 11:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Recommended!!

I quite like the look of this, it had some iffy reviews but it looks quite interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

Recommended!!
I'm glad people are liking Cure for wellness. When I went to see it I went with lowered expectations given Gore Verbinskis track record as a director ( I still consider mousehunt as a mini masterpiece). But ultimately whatever was wrong with the film became forgivable for me as it felt fresh in a marketplace awash with conjuring knock offs. I still have no idea how they got it greenlit.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Frank it's certainly worth a looksee

Keir I was just glad to sit and watch a film after endless crappy wannabes and the pissing awful Bye Bye Man
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st June 2017, 12:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Frank it's certainly worth a looksee

Keir I was just glad to sit and watch a film after endless crappy wannabes and the pissing awful Bye Bye Man
not seen bye bye man but I agree 100%. Its (cure for wellness) probably going to end up in my best of year lists at this rate.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 21st June 2017, 04:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just had a look on IMDb, sounds interesting so I think I'll check it out
Blitz is a good enough film ... he's ably supported by Considine & Aidan Gillen is suitably fruitcakey in a British way

Some sparkling repartee as well

Enjoy!!
Rik and keirarts like this.

[B]
Old 21st June 2017, 07:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Howling (1981, USA)

The Howling.(1980)
Possibly the best werewolf film ever made after An American Werewolf, of course,I find it hard to believe that this film has its detractors..It has everything you would want from an 80's horror film, cool bladder effects, naked werewolf chicks and just an who's who of B movie and exploitation film list of great actors...Ok, the humor is sort of goof ballish and not too subtle as the scene with Eddie Quist shows " I'm gonna give you a piece of my mind. I trusted you, Karen." he then pulls a piece of brain out of a bullet hole in his head, and it would not be Joe Dante film without Dick Miller gurning away and giving a couple of nuns the evil eye as he tries to sell books on witchcraft to the likes of Forry J Ackerman...And while the cast is peppered with the great and the good from past genre movies, it's John Sayles morgue attendant that gets some of the best lines in the movie "Well, he didn't just get up and walk away! "....Maybe as a kid I was more impressed with the cracking effects, which may be by today's standads a little bit antiquated but at the time what were called bladder effects, were popping up in every horror movie of the early 80's,Whether its the bubbling skin of Eddie's Quist transformation or T.C.'s severed werewolf hand returning to its human form Rob Bottin's effects still pack a visual punch, as does the decomposing visage of Eddie as he slowly rots in-between transformations..It maybe that I've been a fan of this film since I first saw on video back in the day that im pretty blind to any faults it may have, to me its the perfect genre movie mixing horror and chuckles, and its the perfect testament to Dante's filmmaking skills that after alll this time I still get enjoyment from repeated viewings...

Like this? Share it using the links below!