All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179617Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2017, 04:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's interesting – I'll add it to my watch list.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea but me and the Mrs enjoyed it.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Comes of as 2 part TV episode and not a very good one at that, the story is a bit on the slow/boring side and as much as I like Micheal McDowell he's character doesn't make a very interesting or menacing villian and of course the biggest problem is the disappointing death of Kirk, being a living legend should of had an epic death. But it did give rise to the bridge on the captain joke. 5.5/10
Old 12th September 2017, 07:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
You shouldn't let that put you off watching it
I agree it's not all fun times on the dance floor it has a darker more downbeat side.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Comes of as 2 part TV episode and not a very good one at that, the story is a bit on the slow/boring side and as much as I like Micheal McDowell he's character doesn't make a very interesting or menacing villian and of course the biggest problem is the disappointing death of Kirk, being a living legend should of had an epic death. But it did give rise to the bridge on the captain joke. 5.5/10
I've stalled at this instalment because I've only seen it once, back in the VHS days and I thought it was rubbish then, I'm anticipating it being the worst of the lot.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th September 2017, 07:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've stalled at this instalment because I've only seen it once, back in the VHS days and I thought it was rubbish then, I'm anticipating it being the worst of the lot.
For me the worst was nemesis, but I've only saw it twice once at the cinema and the other on dvd.

As I said the biggest problem with generations was how they missed used Kirk he death should of been something epic saving creation etc and it had no emotional impact unlike the death of spock which still brings a tear to my eye. But the next film more than makes up for it giving us one of the best trek movies and definitely the best TNG film.
Justin101, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 12th September 2017, 08:26 PM
Cult Master

MV5BOTE0NWEyNDYtYWI5MC00MWY0LTg1NDctZjAwMjkyMWJiNzk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk5NDA3OTk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0.jpg

On a dark and wet day in the town of Derry in Maine Georgie waits patiently for his brother Bill to finish constructing a paper boat to go and sail in the rain. Right from the get go you can feel the strong emotional bond between the brothers. After Bill applies the finishing touches with some wax to help the boat FLOAT (a phrase that we will encounter many time throughout the film.) little Georgie complete with bright yellow rain mac races outside to sent his boat or her maiden voyage. Georgie with all his focus on the boat fails to notice some road works signs resulting in a knock to the head and he loses track of his boat for a second but long enough for it to disappear down a drain to the sewers. On hands and knees little Georgie peers into the sewers hoping to see his boat but instead he comes face to face with Pennywise The Dancing Clown.

w5vmzajmqceitr7vkrnc.jpg

Skip forward to the start of the following summer and the last day of school and we are introduced to The Losers Club picked on by bullies and and laughed at by girls. Once again we can feel the strong bond and brotherhood between the boys and later includes a real life girl

Derry is a small idyllic town on the surface but underneath is a dark disturbing secret every 27 years children start to go missing for a short period of time but when one goes missing they are quickly forgotten about as soon as another succumbs to the same faith. Refusing to give up on finding his brother Georgie Bill one of The Losers Club with the help of his friends start to piece together the clues to try and discover the truth behind the missing kids the town's dark secret and the source of strange encounters they have all individually have all been having recently.

Right from the get go IT has a fantastic creepy look and atmosphere and carries right through to the end. Bill Skarsgård is fantastic as Pennywise his look voice and laugh are spot on. But as much as everyone is praising Pennywise it's the Losers that make this film for me there is so much chemistry between them all and plenty of funny moments and some touching ones between them you really do believe that they are real life friends. I have seen people compare them to The Goonies but i got more of a Stand By Me vibe from them.

Overall IT is a fantastic film but the one downside has to be the CGI not all of it was bad but there were a couple of times where it looked too CGI if you get what im trying to say. That aside i really loved it and despite the 2 hours plus runtime i felt it flew by and i cant wait for chapter 2 in two or three years time

9/10
Old 12th September 2017, 08:45 PM
Cult Master

noss1.jpg

A maintenance man in a morgue gets his freak on with a dead females body without reading the toe tag for the cause of death which he soon regrets when his his member starts to burn like hellfire and he turns into a horny member of the undead. The sexual virus starts to spread right away when he rapes his girlfriend and they both hit the town on a randy rampage.

I gotta say i had a lot of fun with this one the acting is horse shit and if you knew people like these actors in real life you would do serious jail time for the brutal ways you would torture each and everyone of them but that makes watching them die even more fun. Very low budget but plenty of over the top practical gore which is even more of a bonus when its on such a tight budget. It is billed as a horror comedy but the comedy side is real lame humour but im not here for the laughs i'm here for blood guts gore and a vagina with teeth OH HELL YEAH.

Great effort only let down by shit acting and annoying cast worth a watch with beers.

6/10
Old 12th September 2017, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Eraserhead (1976, David Lynch)
Henry has a dilemma. He's knocked up this bint but prospects are thin on the ground. Troubled by pollution of various sorts, his options shrink further when he has to shoulder more responsibility.
Ahem. I haven't watched this warhorse in at least 10 years. Was it worth the weight?
Well, it still has a few shocks imo. Watching this now, cursed as you will with the knowledge I didn't have then, you cannot fail to notice certain motifs he has returned to ....

The ST is oppressive .... constantly swirling ... like Suspiria one of the few pieces of cinema that I have seen.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th September 2017, 10:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Eraserhead (1976, David Lynch)
Henry has a dilemma. He's knocked up this bint but prospects are thin on the ground. Troubled by pollution of various sorts, his options shrink further when he has to shoulder more responsibility.
Ahem. I haven't watched this warhorse in at least 10 years. Was it worth the weight?
Well, it still has a few shocks imo. Watching this now, cursed as you will with the knowledge I didn't have then, you cannot fail to notice certain motifs he has returned to ....

The ST is oppressive .... constantly swirling ... like Suspiria one of the few pieces of cinema that I have seen.

I remember this blowing my mind as a kid when it was shown on Channel 4 in the early '80s. I think it was part of the red triangle season?
Old 12th September 2017, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes, I remember that as well. Wasn't part of that though I'm fairly sure ....

I saw a lot of the new TP reflected here ... black mirror ... or is it the other way round?
NOT A SPOILER .... just my opinion.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!