Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2017, 04:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I meant in relation to the sheer number of films which have had high definition remasters in recent years, now with vastly superior picture and sound quality to their standard definition counterparts.

Whether you want to 'double dip' or upgrade from DVD to Blu-ray on some of your favourite titles is up to you, but taking advantage of new releases from across the board and buying BDs instead of DVDs will benefit you if you have the AV equipment and physically able to see and hear the difference.
Agree, I can understand Joe public not upgrading to blu , but not anyone with a love of films or are cult fans, where you would think people would want the best picture and sound quality and it's not like blu ray players are expensive anymore they can be picked up for next too nothing.

Also a lot of blu rays have lots of extras that aren't on DVD versions .
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th October 2017, 06:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Probably yeah. I think when 3 hr films would appear on dvd, they were often presented in two parts on seperate discs. Am thinking of Once Upon A Time In America or the Hobbit/LOTR films.
That's all I was thinking of, which is why my suspicion is that is something which is not particularly popular, so has become a factor in distribution decisions.
Old 10th October 2017, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's all I was thinking of, which is why my suspicion is that is something which is not particularly popular, so has become a factor in distribution decisions.
Would say that's it, just look at site like amazon for the amount of people that complained that they had too get off there fat asses to change a disc.
Old 10th October 2017, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Grave Of The Vampire (1974, John Hayes)

This being the last of the dvd-rs
.....William Smith has daddy issues. Nae wonder! As with Swingers Massacre ... this is the R rated print. That petered out in a welter of 'something's. Even a fcuk was trimmed !@#$!@#$!
I digress.
The murky print with GOTV sort of added to it .... but not much. Whilst I will definitely rewatch ... it won't be in a hurry. Interesting to see Bill in a new light ... as I have mostly seen him beating up 'jungle bunnies' ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Would say that's it, just look at site like amazon for the amount of people that complained that they had too get off there fat asses to change a disc.
I know this is different, but the Premium Collection release of Gettysburg has the film on one BD and two DVDs, so there is a way of buying long films on DVD: it's to have a BD you don't need!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So like you then when i asked you why you were watching something off Netflix and not one of the million films you buy each week.

Quote:
Laziness I don't have to change discs and most of what I owned I have seen multiple times while most I listed below not seen.
Old 10th October 2017, 07:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Wolf Guy (Urufu gai: Moero okami-otoko) (1975)

63/100
Old 10th October 2017, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So like you then when i asked you why you were watching something off Netflix and not one of the million films you buy each week.
I walked right into that!
Old 10th October 2017, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ssssshhhhh

I'm watching The Haunting.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th October 2017, 08:38 PM
Cult Addict

Dead Silence
A young man and his girlfriend receive a package containing a ventriloquist dummy. The boyfriend leaves, then returns to find his girlfriend dead with no tongue. After this he becomes suspect number 1, he returns to his hometown and begins looking into a local legend.
I haven't watched this film in years and it still is as enjoyable as it was the last time I saw it. Really interesting concept as well as some tense moments which thankfully make up for an average soundtrack.
7/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!