Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2018, 10:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
We just seen the film Winchester house , yes I agree it wasn't a particular good film , and the scare relied on the music because it was sudden and loud to make you jump and not the scene itself .
My opinion if going to base a film on a true story of something by chance that a lot of people don't know then this is the wrong kind of induction to it ,
It really should have been told about her and the house , and her family running the business and her inheritance to build the house etc, you get brief outline of the story in the film but no real background , eg her first encounter of a ghost and how did she come to the conclusion of building a house and trapping the ghost etc . the film itself should give you full background of the story and not through bits of conversation's in the film.
Sam now fascinated with the story behind it can anyone recommended a good book for her to buy on the story please .
The Winchester: The Gun That Built an American Dynasty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/03002233..._AhoEAbSRNSYXT
gag likes this.
Old 6th February 2018, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict

Sharknado 5
2 word review:
Shitnado 5.
It'll never be over.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 6th February 2018, 12:02 PM
Ex-member

The Anniversary (1968)

Hammer's branch into non horror terrority and Bette Davis giving a great performance and some truly black comedy moments.

8/10
Old 6th February 2018, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Excellent another great DC animated movie that is superior to most of there live action stuff.

A what if story. Here what if Batman existed in 1890s instead of modern times and Jack the Ripper was in Gotham instead of London. Great Victorian atmosphere and it's great to see familiar faces in this time deals with such things as how the poor are viewed and suffrage movement. Pretty dark and with it being a 15 it's pretty violent as well. With it being the 1890s batman has to relay more on his intelligence and skill as a fighter/detective with the lack of technology.
8/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 6th February 2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:08 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Excellent another great DC animated movie that is superior to most of there live action stuff.

A what if story. Here what if Batman existed in 1890s instead of modern times and Jack the Ripper was in Gotham instead of London. Great Victorian atmosphere and it's great to see familiar faces in this times deals with such things as how the poor are viewed and suffrage movement. Pretty dark and with it being a 15 it's pretty violent as well. With it being the 1890s batman has to relay more on his intelligence and skill as a fighter/detective with the lack of technology.
8/10
Remember reading the graphic novel years ago. Wife is holding you responsible for me ordering 'yet another bloody dvd' (her words, not mine), lol.
Thank you for the review, looking forward to seeing this
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Remember reading the graphic novel years ago. Wife is holding you responsible for me ordering 'yet another bloody dvd' (her words, not mine), lol.
Thank you for the review, looking forward to seeing this
not read the novel so don't know how much like it is, but i enjoyed this so think i'll get the graphic novel.

edit

reading amazon reviews seems difference with this compared to the novel but thats not stop people enjoying it.
Heisenberg likes this.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

A what if story. Here what if Batman existed in 1890s instead of modern times and Jack the Ripper was in Gotham instead of London. Great Victorian atmosphere and it's great to see familiar faces in this times deals with such things as how the poor are viewed and suffrage movement. Pretty dark and with it being a 15 it's pretty violent as well. With it being the 1890s batman has to relay more on his intelligence and skill as a fighter/detective with the lack of technology.
8/10
Glad you liked it. Treb. I picked it up from Asda today.
Heisenberg likes this.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Glad you liked it. Treb. I picked it up from Asda today.
always enjoyed the animated DC films, just a shame that on the whole the live action films are never as good as these, with the exception of wonder woman.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
always enjoyed the animated DC films, just a shame that on the whole the live action films are never as good as these, with the exception of wonder woman.
I liked the last animated film too. Batman and Harley Quinn. Apparently many comic fans didn't like Melissa Rauch as Harley, but i did.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 6th February 2018, 07:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

A what if story. Here what if Batman existed in 1890s instead of modern times and Jack the Ripper was in Gotham instead of London. Great Victorian atmosphere and it's great to see familiar faces in this time deals with such things as how the poor are viewed and suffrage movement. Pretty dark and with it being a 15 it's pretty violent as well. With it being the 1890s batman has to relay more on his intelligence and skill as a fighter/detective with the lack of technology.
8/10
If you like what if batman in different times, I can't recommend The Doom That Came to Gotham enough

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
trebor8273 and Heisenberg like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!