All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2018, 08:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It tickles me how people on internet jump in and make comments to make you look small without putting their brain in gear first , and only end up making themselves look stupid (numpty keyboard warriors without a clue )
There was a article other day about Tomb raider and people complaining about her boobs looking small ,
https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/03/15...-small-idiots/
So I made a comment who cares I be more interested if the film was any good , so someone asked if I seen it I replied not yet , then went on a rant and called me a idiot and complained I can't make statements like that if I haven't seen the film so shut up, clearly they haven't got a clue to what my statement meant , and no point did I say I had seen the film or say if it was good or not I said I be more interested if the film was any good or not, clearly some people miss the point of people statements and clearly need to give their heads a shake and engage their brain first before saying anything
just sounds like your typical internet virgin/troll who wouldn't know what a pair of breasts looked like if they hit him in the face.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 19th March 2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 19th March 2018, 08:27 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
just sounds like your typical internet virgin/troll who wouldn't know what a pair of breasts looked like if they hit him in the face.
Probably believe that they're pixelated and conical

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th March 2018, 08:40 AM
Cult Addict

Someone commented on Facebook that it was 'the worst film they had ever seen' (tomb raider). It was either hyperbole. They had been really lucky with films or they were 10 and hadn't seen many films.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th March 2018, 10:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Someone commented on Facebook that it was 'the worst film they had ever seen' (tomb raider). It was either hyperbole. They had been really lucky with films or they were 10 and hadn't seen many films.
I read that comment on your post. It's not even bad, let alone one of the worst films ever. I thought it was actually pretty good, and will make for a decent Sunday afternoon watch on home release.
keirarts likes this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 19th March 2018, 12:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nice work as ever Keirarts.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th March 2018, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Highlander III: The Sorceror (1994, Andy Moranahan)

There can only be 3 (and counting) it seems .... no Connery this time, and Mario Van Peebles is this weeks gruff voiced baddie. Stick in the obligatory family orientated subplot, and some 'steamy' sex scenes and voila! Ghastly ST.

Fall Of The Essex Boys (2013, Paul Tranter)
Another Rettendon film. So that surely makes it a sub genre then? Cast slightly more believable as all new faces to me ... mostly. This is not a recom. Still the same snort/batter/snort/shout a bit nonsense. End of!!

Justice League 2017, Zack Synderp)
In this life, only a few films can be really described as truly 'life changing'. Like Ishtar . Alternating betwixt utter cheese and some genuine thrills ... this odd little beastie kept me watching. Whether I wilst watch it again remains to be seen ....

The Stranger (1946, Orson Welles)
You just can't trust them cotton pickin' Nazis no siree!! Edward G Robinson is after some see? And much like in Double Indemnity, he just won't let it drop ... an odd film. Small town murica yet again some outpost of innocence to be ravaged by the evil of an actual ideology. Stick that in your corn syrup .

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 19th March 2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 19th March 2018, 06:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Rape Squad. aka Act of Vengeance.

I've had this Aussie disc for ages but only just got round to watching it. It is shit.....
BUT awesome shit!! I'm caught between saying it's a pile of crock and a "must see!" From a technical point of view it fails on all levels, some more than most but entirely watchable in that 1970's kind of way that it is easy to overlook because the story and dialogue will make you choke on your beer and peanuts. It was filmed under the Rape Squad moniker but apparently when it came to releasing it, they got cold feet with the title and changed it to Act of Vengeance.

What we have here is a rapist, who wears a hockey mask 6 years before Jason thought about it, stalking and raping a bunch of young women. He likes it.... a lot.... and believes the victims should like it too. "Yeah baby! I am great! I'm the best rapist ever, you're going to love it. You should thank me for raping you. How lucky are you?" (If you smiled at that, you're going to Hell!) He likes them to sing Jingle Bells as he's doing it. See, nice Christmas movie to watch with the family...! Five of his victims go to the police station but unable to identify Rape Boy - the mask, see..sneaky! - he gets clean away. He watches the women planning his next date rape night but the women have had enough! They form a vigilante group and try to learn the worst karate you've ever seen before giving that up and persuading a black belt to join them instead.

The concept and the content are what makes this film so unbelievably watchable. It is so un-PC that seen today is a real jaw dropper. A pure time capsule of the era that should be treasured because it is so outrageous. There is no way in hell it could ever be made again and it's quite amazing it was made at all. This is also a Feminazi's wet dream of a film. It's got all the favourite tropes, rape culture, cops not interested, the woman asked for it, the way she dressed, all men are potential rapists, etc, etc. It is not graphic, nothing the BBFC would cut.... but the overall package might cause some problems.

If you like 1970's exploitation then this is essential to see at least once and the DVD from the Aussies has a far better print than you think this would have. Somebody, somewhere loved it and looked after it! For me, defo a keeper!

Old 19th March 2018, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

SOLD.

Will make a super duper 70s double bill with The Big Zapper!!
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th March 2018, 06:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
SOLD.

Will make a super duper 70s double bill with The Big Zapper!!
If only you could get hold of The Big Zapper...
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 19th March 2018, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Skating over that ....

Blood Money (1993, Jerry Schatzberg)
Scarecrow (1973, Jerry Schatzberg)

BM being a rather perfunctory conspiracy thriller with Andy Garcia and Ellen Barkin. Middling is the best description I can give.
Scarecrow is more one of those 'ensemble' casts with lotsa low key acting ... they made a few back then . Fun if you want to see the Hackman with hair and/or Pacino not shouting.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!