Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179608Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2018, 05:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hand (1960, Henry Cass)
Brit oddity. A series of unusual events leads back to WWII in this drab little film. Yet again, caucasian plays asian. Not as hilarious as Face was.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st April 2018, 10:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Really liked this...man, a couple of really crazy scenes toward the end!
Some very cool special features, inc a great interview with actor Edith Ievy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180422_083924.jpg (88.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 21st April 2018, 11:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Escape room

By now most people should know what a escape room is , a bloke who owns the escape room wanted a scary looking box from a junk shop but the women wouldn't sell it because it was holding a evil spirit and shouldn't be opened , he took it while she wasn't watching and placed it in the escape room .

Two couple go into the escape for one of their birthday and it get released and hell breaks loose, while it isn't a great film it isn't as bad as some people make out (well I don't think it is ) I buy it if saw for a pound etc but not worth tenner or owt like that .
If you catch it on sky and not doing owt then worth watching ..
Old 22nd April 2018, 04:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Veronica (2017)

The film is stylish and atmospheric, well acted, and there's a few effective moments. But its premise has been done to death, and it offers nothing new to it. "The scariest horror film ever" my arse.

**1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 22nd April 2018, 05:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
Really liked this...man, a couple of really crazy scenes toward the end!
Some very cool special features, inc a great interview with actor Edith Ievy.
Everyone hates Madhouse. I thought I was the only person that quite enjoyed it.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 22nd April 2018, 05:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Veronica (2017)

The film is stylish and atmospheric, well acted, and there's a few effective moments. But its premise has been done to death, and it offers nothing new to it. "The scariest horror film ever" my arse.

**1/2 out of *****

I was on the fence with this. It is a genuinely good film. It's well made, well acted and really atmospheric and doesn't rely on cheap jump scares. The only problem I had with it was the who "scariest movie ever" slogan it is carrying, which it clearly isn't. It will only be the "scariest film ever" if you have never seen a possession film before, or if it's your first horror film. I do recommend it as a really entertaining possession film.
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Fourth Protocol. Michael Caine must stop a Russian agent (Pierce Brosnan) from detoning a nuclear bomb on an American base on British soil in this late 80s thriller based on the Frederick Forsythe novel. Great cast (including Ned Beatty, Ray McNally, Michael Gough and Julian Glover) and watchable enough, just never really catches fire to become anything more than "okay".
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Renegades (2017)

A team of Navy SEALs on assignment in war-torn Yugoslavia discover a treasure of gold at the bottom of a lake - rumored to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars. In an effort to help the locals, they go rogue and engineer a heist to retrieve the gold and return it to its rightful owners.

Whilst i didn't know of any of the actors playing the SEALS they all came across as personable even if they lose out to several scene stealing cameos from excellent character actor J.K. Simmons in what is essentially a fun film. Perhaps it borrows from Kelly's Heroes (1970) a bit too liberally at times but the central gold retrieval is original and features some impressive underwater photography.

Even though the film is enjoyable (I know i'll return to it in the future) and well worth a watch for people who enjoy classic 'men on a mission' movies i couldn't help feeling Renegades never bettered the prologue in the first twenty minutes as the SEALS extract a Serbian warlord from a heavily guarded Sarajevo compound with a tank, in a brilliant action sequence reminiscent of Bond's St. Petersburg escape during Goldeneye (1995) where shit really blows up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 098337.jpg-r_1280_720-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg (84.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:29 PM
Cult Addict

The poster looks terribly photoshopped

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd April 2018, 02:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
The poster looks terribly photoshopped

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
It is, but it is a scene from the film as well.

Not the helicopter though... at least it's not in the same scene, the helicopter takes on a Serb fighter plane in the mountains.

Like this? Share it using the links below!