All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2018, 06:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Thought it said bush!! I couldn't remember any of that when I read the comics!
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th August 2018, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still find it over rated and a bit on the boring side, apart from a couple of good kills its not a patch on Halloween and other slashers that followed. On the plus it's never looked better. Is it just me or does young Jason look like Theresa May without her wig? 5/10
Old 5th August 2018, 11:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Death wish 5.

Paul kersey is back in New york again and engaged to Olivia pagent played by Lesley anne down. Olivia has a succesful fashion business and a dauhter Chelsea to her first husband Tommy O shay a ruthless
gangster. but O shay is threatening her buisness which he uses for money laundering and hires a thug called Freddie flakes to teach her a lesson, which he does by dressing up in drag and smashing her face in.
Charles bronson soon goes back to his vigilante ways, and things escalate when Olivia is murdered and Chelsea kidnapped.

not as many shoot outs in this one but Bronson has some inventive kills using cyanide pasta, cling film, acid baths, and my favorite a exploding football, which he uses on Freddie Flakes. this is so funny because Flakes
got the nick name due to his dandruff problem, and it made me laugh when Bronson says, hey freddie, this will cure your dandruff, before blowing him up with the football and bursting into flames. Top stuff.

probably the weakest in the Death wish series but still great entertainment, and Bronson still giving a good performance at 74 when he made this film. 81.9 out of 100.
Old 5th August 2018, 11:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

K-Shop (Dan Pringle)

As a vegetarian, any film where humans are on the menu makes me chuckle. After his father is fatally injured by drunken twats, a student takes matters into his own hands. Very amusing (and a bit grim) ... 15 min too long though

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th August 2018, 05:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Maze (2017, Stephen Burke)

Prison drama, based on true events, set in the notorious H Block system. Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Love/Hate) is sent back into gen pop after surviving the infamous hunger strikes. A daring scheme is hatched to escape. Whilst watching it, I thought that once upon a time, this was the kind of thing you got as a 3 parter on the telly . Fairly gripping imo.

[B]
Old 5th August 2018, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Assassin's Code (David A Armstrong)

Middling crime thriller. The Hound runs about killing many men ... so he's nae typecast at all . It doesn't really amount to much. A Most Violent Year far betterer

Back tae The Sweeney for me!!

[B]
Old 5th August 2018, 08:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Vampire Lovers (1970).

Classic Hammer film based on the story of Carmilla and starring Ingrid Pitt as Mircalla Karnstein worming her way into the homes of the aristocracy and feeding off the blood of young girls.
Including Emma Morton (Madeline Smith) who she plans to seduce and make her a vampire as well.

Definitely one of the best of the later day Hammer films and with a superb performance from Pitt who is just perfect in the role.

It's got a great gothic atmosphere as well with good sets and costumes. Also bold for its time for its depiction of lesbianism and nudity.

Also co-starring Peter Cushing as General von Spielsdorf. Although, he isn't on screen very much. His part is a little more than a walk-on, but he adds his usual authoritarian presence.

Highly recommended 8.5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91JGy9biyAL._SY445_.jpg (42.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 5th August 2018, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Made a year after the first but set five years later. Another summer camp is opened with another set of over sexed teens. Who this time are killed off by Mrs Voorhees good little boy Jason. 5/10
Old 5th August 2018, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Can't for the life of me figure out why Treb buys a F13th bluray set when he doesn't actually like the films.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2018, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Can't for the life of me figure out why Treb buys a F13th bluray set when he doesn't actually like the films.
Five is about average in my scoring . It was all the talk that made me give them another viewing , but I'm a strange fish that like the more supernatural ones in which he's a unkillabe zombie,with favourite being X.

Mind on the whole they are more enjoyable than the nightmare on elm street films after 3(apart from new nightmare)

Like this? Share it using the links below!