Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2018, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This one really polarised people , but for some reason I liked it. It doesn't feel much like a Friday the 13 th movie as in this Jason is some sort of demonic slug that can jump from body to body but they soon become useless and Jason needs to find a blood relative to be reborn ,here they steal from Halloween and we find out jason has a sister who also has a daughter with a young baby. So he goes after them. The director and some fans have stated that Jason is some sort of deadite because in the Voorhees house we see a necronomicon and it's been theorized that he was brought back by his mother (me I'm more happy that he was a mutant with type of healing power and super strength). Just started watching Friday the 13th the series and noted a connection, the same actor that plays the hero here is the same actor that plays one of the people the get the shop in the series. 7/10
Old 13th August 2018, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Was watching from the shadows or something along that title we recorded of sky it's was pish we turned of half way through and deleted it, but strange thing was as we watching it sam kinda freaked out and I said ah get a grip nowt happened and it's dull and boring, she said it's not that I've just got a cold shiver right through me and the biscuit packet (got 2 left in it ) it's moving, I was kinda erm ok then!! Five minutes later it happened again and sure enough I saw it, where the end of the wrapper facing right it would spin round face left then spin back again and do this about 3 or 4 times sam like see I didn't imagine it, I was just chuckling and say oooh nice one I'll have to get my phone and record it if it does it again, sadly it didn't but here a pic of the biscuit packet .
And we was sat in the living room doors closed no draft or anything coming from anywhere .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2152.jpg (93.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 13th August 2018, 10:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A Quiet Place

Drama in the vein of The Road, It Comes At Night, 10 Cloverfield Lane, an interesting idea which would be more at home as a twilight zone episode, the writer/director gives little away (how did we get here, what happens next?), but the sound design is good & folk these days seem to have seen ZERO horror movies so it's hailed as "terrifying for generations to come".......

So yep, unimpressed.
Old 13th August 2018, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
A Quiet Place

Drama in the vein of The Road, It Comes At Night, 10 Cloverfield Lane, an interesting idea which would be more at home as a twilight zone episode, the writer/director gives little away (how did we get here, what happens next?), but the sound design is good & folk these days seem to have seen ZERO horror movies so it's hailed as "terrifying for generations to come".......

So yep, unimpressed.
I was probably should of never called it a horror when I reviewed as there is nothing that terrify or horrific that happens, but I still enjoyed it. It would of been nice to find out where the creatures came from.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th August 2018, 10:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Was watching from the shadows or something along that title we recorded of sky it's was pish we turned of half way through and deleted it, but strange thing was as we watching it sam kinda freaked out and I said ah get a grip nowt happened and it's dull and boring, she said it's not that I've just got a cold shiver right through me and the biscuit packet (got 2 left in it ) it's moving, I was kinda erm ok then!! Five minutes later it happened again and sure enough I saw it, where the end of the wrapper facing right it would spin round face left then spin back again and do this about 3 or 4 times sam like see I didn't imagine it, I was just chuckling and say oooh nice one I'll have to get my phone and record it if it does it again, sadly it didn't but here a pic of the biscuit packet .
And we was sat in the living room doors closed no draft or anything coming from anywhere .
Watching a biscuit wrapper?

Not sure you've completely got the hang of this thread, gag.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 13th August 2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 14th August 2018, 07:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Watching a biscuit wrapper?

Not sure you've completely got the hang of this thread, gag.
Well it was more exciting , better , and scarier (even tho it wasn't scary ) than the film
Old 14th August 2018, 11:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Zombie holocaust.

A expedition is launched to a tropical island after dead bodies are mutilated in a New york hospital by a hospital porter chap who later commits suicide bearing the mark of Kito the cannibal God. Old favorite Ian Mccullough teams up with a sexy female doctor who i saw in New york ripper, and she dosent need much of a wardrobe as her clothes seem to fall off rather a lot.
once they get to the island, that looks a lot like the one from Zombie flesh eaters, they get tangled up with a loony doctor who is experimenting on a cannibal tribe and making them into zombies.

i like this film a lot, and first remember watching it on a crappy old pirate Vhs in the 1980's with horrible forced dutch subs.
There's chopped limbs, flesh eating, brain transplants, and a great eye gouging. and not to mention the cool zombie death by propeller.

top notch viewing, and a lot more fun than the po faced blockbusters that win oscars. 91.5 out of 100.

Old 14th August 2018, 06:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

American Tiger.

Another Mitch Gaylord film. Like Brakhage and Shervan having a fight in a pub carpark. Highly recommended if completely dire
Once in a lifetime comes a motion picture
This ISNT that

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th August 2018, 06:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Death Line (1972)

When a politician goes missing late one night on the London Underground the subsequent police investigation uncovers a dark secret kept hidden since the 1800's.

Gary Sherman's Death Line is one of the finest examples of British horror of the period. Although it's set in the modern day it still has the flavour of an old school Gothic horror piece even though the shocking gore on offer takes it to another place altogether - a place of gruesome horror -punctuated with laugh out loud black comedy and sheer claustrophobic horror as it utilises the London Underground to marvelous creepy effect.

For full review and screen grabs see https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/mem...tml#post585221
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raw meat.jpg (84.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 14th August 2018, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I bought this because it was cheap and i wanted to add to my 4K ultra collection and to be honest I wasn't expecting much just another film with angst ridden teens and a love triangle. I was totally wrong it's the cast on the whole are likable and the story far better than the usual teen movies, a intelligent sci-fi/ thriller. A young man wakes up to find himself with no memories in the centre of a maze with a group of other youths, he sets out to find out whats in the maze and why he and the others are here. The ending opens up more question than it answers and sets it up for the sequel. 7.5/10

Now watching Faust love of the damned .

Like this? Share it using the links below!