LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2018, 06:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just reminded me of a dull episode of The Waltons. I don't like that either.
Other than the name, I'm not familiar with that show.
Old 18th August 2018, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

It's ok but most of the best scenes are showing in the trailer , it's not as good as either Paddington as it lacks the heart / charm and slapstick humour of them 7/10

Now watching justice league new frontier
The voice of Winnie the Pooh has put me off watching this film, I found it really annoying by the end of the trailer even
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 18th August 2018, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Other than the name, I'm not familiar with that show.
.It's about a bunch of inbred , incestuous hillbillies that live on a mountain and think they are better then everyone else.
Rik, Demoncrat, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 18th August 2018, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The voice of Winnie the Pooh has put me off watching this film, I found it really annoying by the end of the trailer even
I would give it a miss as poo is one of the best things in it, along with eeyore.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 18th August 2018, 06:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
.It's about a bunch of inbred , incestuous hillbillies that live on a mountain and think they are better then everyone else.
I think it was George Bush who said he wanted Americans to be "more like the Waltons and less like the Simpsons", which is a surprising opinion if they are as you described!
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th August 2018, 06:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Leave Blu-Rage.com out of this.
Old 18th August 2018, 07:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hang 'em High(1968).

Clint Eastwood stars as Jed Cooper, an ex-lawman who has just bought some cattle and is on his way home when he's lynched by a posse who mistakenly accuse him of murder. As they ride off and leave him to die, a marshal shows up and cuts him down.
Later, when he is taken to the judge and cleared of murder, he agrees to take up the offer of a job as marshal, and sets off to the arrest the men who lynched him.

Not quite up to the standard of Clint's Spaghetti westerns, this has more of a tv feel to it. But it's a solid film nevertheless, and reminded of the classic type of westerns.

Clint Eastwood is great as always and he fits perfectly into his role of Marshall Jed Cooper.
Pat Hingle also delivers an excellent performance as hanging Judge Adam Fenton. And the Beautiful Inger Stevens is also very good as a woman with her own personal vendetta.

Well recommended.

7.5/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51AuozYg6cL._SY445_.jpg (34.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 18th August 2018, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
So it was a daisy chain at the end of each episode ?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th August 2018, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Snowman (2017)

Soon the first snow will fall and the hunt for a killer begins - reads the tagline to The Snowman, a film based on the novel by Norwegian scribe Jo Nesbo.

I bought this because it sounded okay from it's synopsis. It was only when Bizarre_eye mentioned it's muted reaction from viewers that i became a little concerned. Reading a few opening lines of IMDB reviewers thoughts left me even more concerned to the point i priced it's cash value up on the CEX website before i settled down to watch it.

All i can say is it must be so different to it's source novel that it totally alienated the books fans because i, as someone who hasn't read the book found it an absorbing serial killer thriller.

The first thing i noticed was the superb cinematography. The frozen lands surrounding the city of Bergen on the west coast of Norway were brought to life in stunning fashion similar to how John Ford used Monument Valley for his westerns in years gone by. Breathtaking long shots of the snowbound countryside seemingly as harsh a terrain as you'll see along with snaking perilous bridges crossing vast expanses of icy waters. From the start i felt it was always going to be a visual feast and so it proved.

Whilst it's not up there with the very best serial killer thrillers it still proved a tense experience as the story laid itself out. It's not one of those films where everything is linear and things from the first scenes are relevant to the finale. Some sequences are quite graphic with one of the murder methods (Used several times) similar to Dario Argento's Trauma although this is a superior film to that on every level.

Michael Fasbender is his usual intense self and suited to a film like this even though his alcoholic, sleeping pill dependent cop is pretty much a walking cliche, aided by an excellent supporting cast of Rebecca Ferguson, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Val Kilmer, Toby Jones, Chloë Sevigny, James D'Arcy and JK Simmons who bring a vast range of characters to life.

I won't go into plot outlines so as not to spoil things for anyone who hasn't seen it but i will say the titular snowman is relevant to proceedings in a rather creepy fashion.

I did enjoy The Snowman and CEX can keep their £1.90. Naysayers be damned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSM_INTL_PAYOFF_QUAD_AUS_LORES (Large).jpg (82.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 19th August 2018, 11:38 AM
Cult Addict

Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
An ex-superhero movie actor attempts to bring himself back by writing, starring and directing a Broadway play. However during the previews things go wrong, dealing with his inner demons, the fact that everyone keeps reminding him he was a superhero, his daughter and an asshole Broadway actor.
Still a favourite of mine for a variety of reasons. Michael Keaton is fantastic as Riggan and is supported by a fantastic back up cast, especially Ed Norton. A great soundtrack and a fantastic sense of humour.
Recommended.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!